[UtahFACS] FW: Utah Valley University Financial Planning Academy for students - Application deadline: June 1st

Silcott, Tracy tracy.silcott at schools.utah.gov
Tue May 14 16:26:16 MDT 2019

This message is posted to the listserv courtesy of a service provider. Please do not reply to this message.
If you wish to communicate with the agency or individual who originated the email, please contact them directly.

Educators,

We are very excited to report that UVU PFP (Personal Financial Planning) was selected by the Charles Schwab Foundation as 1 of 3 national host sites for a high school student summer camp!  (Other 2 sites are Texas Tech and Univ of Missouri).

Schwab's Foundation is giving us enough money to run an amazing personal finance camp for 35 students July 15-19 @ UVU's campus and to give 3 top students a $1,000 scholarship to UVU PFP and the top team (7 students) will each get a $500 cash prize, along with lots of food, a camp shirt, a camp backpack, etc.!

Spaces are limited and the deadline is June 1st so, apply now!

Registration is through Texas Tech University at: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hs/pfp/fpa/utah-valley.php.

There is a waiver application, of the registration fee, for low-income families, see online application for details.

For additional information, please contact: pfpprogram at uvu.edu<mailto:pfpprogram at uvu.edu>.

We are excited about this camp and want to spread the info to the state of Utah personal finance teachers so they can encourage their top students to apply/register for the camp.

Thank you for your help in getting the word out to our awesome students!

Luke Dean

Utah Valley University