[tforum] UETN Content Filtering Task Force Meeting Announcement

Troy Jessup tj at uen.org
Fri Dec 9 09:22:43 MST 2016

UETN Content Filtering Task Force Meeting Announcement

UETN will be holding a Content Filtering Task Force meeting on Jan 11, 2017 at 9:00a at the Eccles Broadcast Center in Salt Lake City.   During this meeting we will be finalizing the Content Filtering Evaluation Committee membership and providing an opportunity for everyone to ensure their input is heard as we proceed with the evaluation and RFP process for content filtering.

In order to ensure that we accommodate everyone, please let us know if you are attending by submitting a quick RSVP.
RSVP HERE:  https://goo.gl/dh5b3d  (Not Required, but important for food counts and venue choice.)

We are still developing the agenda for the meeting, however the items we plan on discussing include:

	- Where we are in the UETN Filtering RFP and evaluation process
	- Content Filtering Evaluation Committee roles and responsibilities
	- Current state of filtering, the good, bad, and ugly (Roundtable)
	- Filtering needs and technological requirements of future solution(s).
	- Developing the evaluation committee criteria and process
	- Funding Discussion and UEN Purchasing/Procurement processes
	- Next Steps Discussion and Processes

From the Call for Committee process we had over a month ago, the following individuals have agreed to participate on the Filtering Evaluation Committee.  We still have a few slots open if someone is particularly interested in getting involved at that level.   We are asking that all members of this committee plan on being present during this meeting to participate and listen to all concerns and requirements.

Current Committee Makeup
	Alan Gibbons - Cache County School District
	Reed Randon - Ogden School District
	Sean Rawlinson - North Sanpete School District
	Jeff Darling - Granite School District
	Scott Harpster - SEDC
	Damon Nielson - Alpine School District
	Bill Mott - Davis School District
	Jeremy Cox - Washington School District
	Jared Hainline - Salt Lake School District
	Don Remy - Nebo School District
	Tom Ackerson - Wasatch School District
	Wes Furgason - UETN
	Open Position
	Open Position

Note to committee members:
Please ensure that any items you feel should be on the agenda for discussion are sent to Wes or myself as soon as possible for inclusion.

IVC SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS MEETING - For those unable to travel or have other conflicts in scheduling.
We request that committee members attend in person where possible.

Thanks to everyone for your involvement and helping us move this forward.
--TROY