[tforum] 2012 Tech Summit Registration is Live!!

Kelly Genessy kgenessy at uen.org
Tue Mar 27 16:51:29 MDT 2012

All,

We are pleased to announce the registration launch of this summer's Technical Summit held in Park City, Utah June 6th, 7th and 8th. Last year well over 30% of the conference selected Park City as a future venue and we listened!!! We are extremely excited to have a great variety of presenters and topics as well as several hands-on trainings.

CONFERENCE REGISTRATION DETAILS - When you are registering for your "classes" you are actually choosing a room and a time block. For example. When you choose The "Main Session" block in the morning you are choosing to be in that room from 9am to Noon. Let's say after lunch you like the topics in Breakout Room A and so you register to be in Breakout Room A from 1-3 instead of the Main Session. The time blocks are (9-12, 1-3 and 3-5). Please only plan to attend the block/room that you registered for as seats will be limited in most breakout rooms.

As mentioned above several trainings this year will be hands-on. Due to equipment and scalability, several classes will have a seat limitations. Some classes will only seat 15-20 people. This is definitely first come first serve for these classes. The only class we had time to repeat was the Open Source Network Tools on Thursday and then again on Friday. (we knew it would be popular). Please do not choose this class more than once. If the seats are full for a class you may be interested in please "opt-in for the waiting list". If there are only a handful of extras we might be able to work something out.

CONFERENCE FUN EVENT!! -   On Thursday night we are having an Ice cream social and Live band and a ton of fun and prizes at 7:00pm. I think we have 6-7 people from districts, UEN and higher ed throughout the state to play for us. Geeks with Strings!. Please select the button on the registration page if you plan on attending so we can obtain the proper amount of Ice Cream and alcohol (yeah right). Sorry no BOOZE! Root Beer maybe.....   I know some of you may bring family members to enjoy the night life after conference hours. Email me if you would like to bring your family members to the Ice Cream event so we can have them join the fun and get some free dessert!

CONFERENCE VENUE -  The venue Park City Marriott - 1895 Sidewinder Drive Park City, Utah 84060 ---- has been great to work with and they have provided us with the state rate for overnight stays ($90 per night). We highly encourage you spend your nights in this Hotel. The only reason we were able to score the great price is in anticipation most of you will stay there.

Here is a link for Hotel Registration. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/slcpc?groupCode=uenuena&app=resvlink&fromDate=6/6/12&toDate=6/8/12

If you'd like to get room via phone please mention the name UEN or Utah Education Network for pricing. You can also use the group name "uenuena"

PRESENTERS -  If you are scheduled to present/train please register but DO NOT PAY. This includes one co-presentor. Please email Cindy once you have registered and she can mark you paid. All of our topics are at minimum one hour and the least we can do is cover your food and conference costs for helping us out.

In Closing - All of the conference registration, agenda, dates/times, location, hotel and parking, etc can be found here. http://www.uen.org/summit/   ---- Please if you have any questions contact myself or Cindy Najarro (cnajarro at media.utah.edu<mailto:cnajarro at media.utah.edu>) 801-585-7790

Look forward to seeing you in a couple months!!

Kelly Genessy
Senior NOC Engineer
801-585-9029 (Desk)
801-209-7459 (Cell)