[tforum] UEN Technical Summit 2011

Bryan Peterson (UEN) bryan at uen.org
Mon May 2 18:10:30 MDT 2011

The 2011 UEN Technical Summit will be held at Ruby’s Inn at Bryce Canyon on June 22nd to 24th.  It is time to register and reserve your seat and hotel room.  We have a large block of rooms reserved at $77/night in peak season for June 22nd and 23rd only.  Rooms at this price are only guarantee until June 1st, so do not wait. The conference is about nearly a third full already and we have not pushed registration much.  We have folks outside Education interested in coming we are putting them off for now.  Format for the conference will be half day, full day (three breakout tracks), half day allowing for travel time first and last days.  Keynote information and topics that are scheduled are on the site.  There is room for about one more hour of breakout presentation time.  So if you have cool tech related solutions in your environments and would like to share with others this is a great opportunity to get the word out and possibly help others, please fill out the proposal form on the website.

Please register as early as possible we don't want any of you to miss it.

Visit the website at: summit.uen.org

On the last day of the Conference, we have US-CERT Trainers from the Department of Homeland Security coming to do the the following 4 hour Course:

Introduction to Control Systems Cybersecurity (101)
The purpose of this course is to introduce students to the basics of industrial control systems security. This includes a comparative analysis of IT and control system architecture, security vulnerabilities, and mitigation strategies unique to the control system domain.  This course is split into four sessions: (1) Cybersecurity Landscape: Understanding the Risks, (2) Industrial Control Systems Applications, (3) Current State of Cyber-security in Industrial Control Systems, and (4) Practical Applications of Cybersecurity.

With the nature of attacks becoming more targeted and focused, this should be of great interest to all of us.

Thanks,

UEN Technical Services Staff
--
For questions, information and concerns contact us at:
ts-planning at lists.uen.org