[tforum] --- UEN INTERNAL DNS CHANGES ---

Kelly Genessy kgenessy at uen.org
Tue Jun 1 10:01:55 MDT 2010

Hi All,

We are in process of a complete DNS revamp. We realized our tools are out of date and we have chosen a new tool for you to utilize when making DNS changes. We will now be able to support IPv6, DNSSEC, more complex user privileges and a current Web UI. All of these changes will go live on JULY 10th 2010. More details to come as we get closer.

The main purpose for this first email is for those of you who current are PRIMARY for their zones and UEN is Secondary/Slave. If you are not running a DNS server and allow UEN to run your DNS you can disregard this part of the email.

We are migrating our internal servers ip address's with our new system. Currently if we get files from your server we are coming from our hidden master 205.124.246.2. This going to change on July 10th and we want you to add some additional servers for the future.

NEW MASTER PRIMARY: 140.197.239.6
NEW MASTER BACKUP/STANDBY: 140.197.239.7

Again If you are PRIMARY for your zones and currently allow UEN to be back up (secondary/slave) please add these addresses through your firewall and on your dns systems.

I would not remove the old address for now as we may have to fail back to that in the future. So you should be allowing 205.124.246.2, 140.197.239.6, 140.197.239.7

Please ADD these ASAP!! We will be testing well prior to our live data to make sure we have your data in our new systems.

If you have any questions please ask.

Kelly Genessy
UEN - Sr. NOC Engineer
801-585-9029 (Desk)