[tforum] DNS MIGRATION IN PROGRESS

Kelly Genessy kgenessy at uen.org
Sat Aug 14 08:57:56 MDT 2010

All,

We have begun our DNS Migration process this morning. Things are going well so far but we have a ways to go. I just want to remind you all that if we are secondary for your DNS you need to allow tcp/udp port 53 through your Firewalls/ACL's for the following addresses.

NEW MASTER PRIMARY: 140.197.239.6
NEW MASTER BACKUP/STANDBY: 140.197.239.7
OLD MASTER: 205.124.246.2

If these new addresses are not allowed we will not receive your file transfers and this may very well break our DNS communication for your zones. I have emailed all DNS administrators personally with zones that are currently failing.

If you have any questions regarding DNS please email or call

Kelly Genessy
UEN - Sr. NOC Engineer
801-585-9029 (Desk)
801-209-7459 (Cell)