[tforum] ---DNS MIGRATION INFO----

Kelly Genessy kgenessy at uen.org
Mon Aug 2 14:28:30 MDT 2010

All,

Testing and migration is on track for our new DNS rollout on August 14th (Saturday 8:00AM). In my previous emails we focused towards those who are running primary DNS and allowing our new IP address to communicate with your servers. Hopefully you all have done that and are ready for us.

This email we need to focus on a couple of things.

ON AUGUST 11th 11:59PM we are SHUTTING DOWN our current DNS web tools for the public. All requests on Thursday 8/12 and Friday 8/13 before the cutover will need to be made through the NOC or via email. All changes will still be migrated into our new system however we want to monitor all changes the last two days of migration.

DNS WIKI - We have created a DNS Wiki for you to few. https://wiki.uen.org/display/DNSDocs  is the URL (We may not open this until we go live). Here we will post some walkthrough's and how to's on using the DNS system.

Most of these changes will be seamless to you all however if you use the DNS Web tools it will be quite different for you and take a little bit of time to get used to. You can always use the NOC or dns at uen.org<mailto:dns at uen.org> mailing list for DNS changes if you are uncomfortable making changes right away.

If you have any questions about the upcoming changes please let me know.

Kelly Genessy
UEN - Sr. NOC Engineer
801-585-9029 (Desk)
801-209-7459 (Cell)