[tforum] DNS ANYCAST --URGENT REQUIREMENT REQUESTED -- 12/20/2007 - 11PM

Kelly Genessy kgenessy at uen.org
Sun Dec 16 23:11:08 MST 2007

****PLEASE BE AWARE YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE DNS CHANGES.. PLEASE READ THIS
MAINTENANCE""

**** NEW ANYCAST SERVER THAT YOU NEED TO ALLOW ===205.124.253.1====
****

Date:        12/22/07

Start Time:   11:00 pm

End Time:     3:00 am

Services being affected:

ALL UEN DNS services WILL be affected. We will do our best to maintain
at least one dns available at all times but be aware there may be some
intermittent issues.

The following customers will be impacted:

All customers using the UEN DNS servers may be affected.

Purpose for Maintenance:

We are moving to our Anycast DNS server solution. If UEN is currently a
secondary server for your domain you MUST ALLOW 205.124.253.1 as well as
what you already are allowing. This server will be the main server to
receive zone transfers. If you do not allow this dns server and are
currently blocking this, UEN will not be getting a file to host your
domain. Please allow this by Wednesday this week. If you have any
questions please email.

Maintenance performed by: Bryan Peterson, Josh Loveless, Kevin Quire and
Kelly Genessy

Kelly Genessy

UEN - Senior NOC Engineer

kelly at uen.org