[tforum] [Fwd: NLR Research]

Joe Breen Joe.Breen@utah.edu
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:00:11 -0700

FYI, regarding the NLR link in Denver. (see note at bottom)

UEN will be bringing up the Utah link over the next month or so.  They
will only be bringing up the PacketNet (IP routable) link initially.  We
will not be able to bring up a dynamic or experimental lambda as of yet.
   UEN will be doing some basic troubleshooting and route and stability
testing for the first phase.

Stay tuned for more info...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NLR Research
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:44:20 -0700
From: Marla Meehl <marla@ucar.edu>
To: ncab@ucar.edu, frgp@ucar.edu, wn
<westnet-steering@spot.colorado.edu>, cisl_exec@ucar.edu, Presiden't
Council <council@ucar.edu>

NLR is fully up and running.  A researchers guide is available here:
http://www.nlr.net/researchers/index.html

NCAR/UCAR and UCDHSC are actively exchanging traffic on NLR using the
routed Packetnet.  We will be activating NLR routing with the remaining
FRGP NLR membership as soon as possible (NOAA, CU-Boulder, Wyoming, CSU,
Utah, CSM).  NLR is the preferred route for sites reachable via NLR.

The NLR network weather map can be seen here:
http://weathermap.grnoc.iu.edu/nlrmaps/layer3.html

Please let me know if there are any questions.
Marla