[tforum] [Fwd: Global Nomads Group Mozambique Live Webcasts]

Joe Breen Joe.Breen@utah.edu
Mon, 03 Apr 2006 19:38:39 -0600

--Boundary_(ID_yR2VShdXlbUi65e3ox6qnQ)

FYI...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Global Nomads Group Mozambique Live Webcasts
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:19:22 -0500
From: Jennifer Oxenford <jmacdoug@isc.upenn.edu>
To: k20advise@internet2.edu, k20innovators@internet2.edu

--Boundary_(ID_yR2VShdXlbUi65e3ox6qnQ)
 filename="file:///C|/DOCUME%7E1/AMBLER/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/nsmail.tmp"

Colleagues,

Please help us distribute this exciting announcement about the Global
Nomads Group's Mozambique FREE Live webcast events to anyone you think
might be interested in your areas.

Best,

Jennifer

-----------

Through a partnership between <bold>Global Nomads Group, MAGPI,
NJEDge.Net, and the Internet2 Commons,</bold> we are excited to
announce that the
of nine videoconferences will be available via live webstream for
FREE.

interactive educational program that will bring the world's youth
face-to-face during March and April of 2006 to discuss and learn about
their respective cultures. Students will delve into issues such as:

<bold>Culture and Beauty:</bold> we will explore Mozambique through
local food, music, dancing, world cultural sites and wildlife.

<bold>History:</bold> we will look at Mozambique since its
independence, addressing issues such as the civil war.

<bold>Current Issues:</bold>  we will host discussions around gender
issues.

Students in the US and Mozambique will travel on an educational
journey, teaching and learning together. A series of
classroom-to-classroom and remote broadcast conferences (with experts
speaking from remote onsite locations) will provide a collaborative
global education experience.</fontfamily>

Complete information about Global Nomads Group, Mozambique Alive
program, please see:

http://www.gng.org/mozambique/index.html

event:

   1) Go to

   2) Under Live Streams, click on "<bold>Mozambique Alive</bold>."
(You should be able to view the live stream in 	either Windows Media
or Quicktime.)</fontfamily>

Each of the nine broadcasts will also be archived and available at
for three weeks after the live broadcast.

--

Jennifer Oxenford

Associate Director, MAGPI

jmacdoug@magpi.net

phone: 215.898.0341

cell: 267.322.0036

fax: 215.898.9348

www.magpi.net

215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

--Boundary_(ID_yR2VShdXlbUi65e3ox6qnQ)--