[Science] DA VINCI - THE GENIUS, Special Opportunity for Educators at the Leonardo

Young, Sarah Sarah.Young at schools.utah.gov
Thu Aug 9 20:31:45 MDT 2012

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/76203ed6fda28bffacf7b30cd/images/logoWhite_onBG_.jpg]

Dear Educator,

I wanted to give you some very exciting news before we’ve announced it to the public or media.  On Friday, Sept. 28, The Leonardo will welcome Da Vinci – The Genius<http://theleonardo.org/davinci>, the most comprehensive exploration of Leonardo da Vinci’s work ever created.

This international exhibition covers the life, writings, art and inventions of the Renaissance man himself. Da Vinci – The Genius will give you new insights into the person and personality who inspired the mission of The Leonardo.

The exhibit features more than 200 pieces in 11 themed areas ranging from Flight, Physics and Mechanics, to Anatomy, Renaissance Art, Life Times, and more. You’ll enjoy 75 life-size models of Leonardo’s inventions—many of which are interactive—as well as 3D animations of some of his greatest works of art. The Secrets of Mona Lisa gallery is a multimedia exploration that reveals previously undiscovered secrets, and includes super-magnified, high resolution images of this iconic painting.

We hope this celebration of one extraordinary man’s legacy will give you as educators, along with your students, new ways of tapping into your innate curiosity, and inspire you to see, nurture and stretch your own unique genius.

Special Opportunities for Educators
We’d like to offer you, and one guest, a very special opportunity to experience this exhibit early during our FREE Educator Event Monday, October 1st, 3:00-7:00pm.   This event will feature:

  *   Da Vinci-inspired activities
  *   Previews of associated workshops and educational resources
  *   Information about field trip scholarship opportunities
  *   Snacks and beverages

To RSVP for this event or for more information about the upcoming exhibit, related educator resources and opportunities, please contact Erika DuRoss, education manager, at eduross at theleonardo.org<mailto:eduross at theleonardo.org>, or 801.531.9800 ext. 129.

I hope you know how much we value you as critical partners when it comes to bringing students fun, hands-on engagement with STEM concepts, and real-world experiences in critical problem solving.  We look forward to welcoming you to visit this exciting new exhibit.
[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/76203ed6fda28bffacf7b30cd/images/ahesse.png]

Alexandra Hesse
Executive Director

Presented by:

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/76203ed6fda28bffacf7b30cd/images/M_logotype03red.png]

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/76203ed6fda28bffacf7b30cd/images/ZionsBankLogo.png]

[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/76203ed6fda28bffacf7b30cd/images/grande_logo.png]

[Side Bar]

________________________________

[The Leonardo]

[learning at The Leonardo]

CONTACT US

About The Leonardo<http://www.theleonardo.org/about_the_leonardo/what_is_the_leonardo/>
The Leo Blog<http://blog.theleonardo.org>
News + Events<http://www.theleonardo.org/current_news/newsevents/>
The Leo on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/theleonardo>
The Leo on Twitter<http://twitter.com/the_leonardo>
The Leo on Youtube<http://www.youtube.com/theleonardoutah>
The Leo on Flickr<http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_leonardo_science/>
Leonardo After Hours<http://www.theleonardo.org/programs/leo_after_hours/>
The Leo on Wheels<http://www.theleonardo.org/onwheels>
Contact Us<http://www.theleonardo.org/contact_us/contact/>
Job Openings<http://www.theleonardo.org/contact_us/jobs_and_volunteering/>

Field Trips<http://www.theleonardo.org/learning/field-trips/>
Resources<http://www.theleonardo.org/learning/resources/>
Outreach<http://www.theleonardo.org/learning/outreach/>
Professional Development<http://www.theleonardo.org/learning/professional-development/>
About Us<http://www.theleonardo.org/learning/about-us/>

(801) 531-9800
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2129
Salt Lake City, UT 84110

Administrative Office:
209 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Sent to bsampson at theleonardo.org<mailto:bsampson at theleonardo.org> — why did I get this?<http://theleonardo.us2.list-manage2.com/about?u=76203ed6fda28bffacf7b30cd&id=ea042e7033&e=&c=1ec95608b8>
The Leonardo · 209 east 500 south · Salt Lake City, Ut 84111