[NASAFACS] Georgetown Article--Work and Learning Challenges Research

Werhan, Carol R cwerhan at purdue.edu
Thu Sep 5 10:32:47 MDT 2019

We have a food bank for the weekends at the rec center as many of the food plans either do not have weekend meals OR no cafeteria is open on Sunday nights..  When my students do a food demonstration, they donate the left over ingredients to the bank as they have a refrigerator for partial cartons of milk, cheese, etc.  More informal than many food banks, but the students feel good that someone can use the rest of a ½ gal of milk as they couldn't keep it cold while in classes.  :)

Carol R. Werhan, Ph.D
Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher Education
Purdue University
100 N. University Ave
Beering Hall 3148
West Lafayette, IN  47907

ACTE Family & Consumer Sciences Division V.P.
Alliance for FCS Co-Chair
cwerhan at purdue.edu<mailto:cwerhan at purdue.edu>
Cell:  620-687-5173
@PurdueFCS