[NASAFACS] American Students Have Changed Their Majors

Gayla L. Randel grandel at ksde.org
Wed May 8 08:52:21 MDT 2019

I was very interested to see what occupations were assigned to the academic degree fields and have not found that yet, but I did find other data that provided some of the foundational data for the article.  If anyone does know which occupations are assigned to which academic degree field, share please.  Thank you,  Gayla

Here is what I found:

(FINALLY! The Raw data was found!  Still no idea what occupational areas of FCS were assigned to which academic field, EXCEPT I did read that personal and culinary services were added to Business.)
Bachelor’s degrees conferred by post-secondary institutions, by field of study; Selected years; 1970-71 through 2015-16:
https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d17/tables/dt17_322.10.asp

Undergraduate Degree Fields:
https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/pdf/Indicator_CTA/coe_cta_2017_05.pdf

Employment Outcomes of Bachelor’s Degree Recipients:
https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_sbc.asp

Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Fields ( by race/ethnicity):  (Might this help us look at not traditionally targeted audiences to build our FCS teacher pool?)
https://nces.ed.gov/programs/raceindicators/indicator_ref.asp

[cid:image002.png at 01D50583.6DD86310]

Gayla Randel, CFCS
Education Program Consultant, Family & Consumer Sciences
Career Standards and Assessment Services
(785) 296-4912 (wk); (785)291-3791 (fax)
grandel at ksde.org<mailto:grandel at ksde.org>
www.ksde.org<http://www.ksde.org/>
Kansas State Department of Education
LANDON STATE OFFICE BUILDING, 900 SW JACKSON STREET, SUITE 653, TOPEKA, KS 66612

“ If work is good, people come home with renewed energies for their families. And if family life is good, people come with renewed energy for work.”  Ellen Galinsky, CEO Family and Work Institute

Interesting article.  Not sure where human services falls.  Gayla

[cid:image004.png at 01D50581.50370200]

www.ksde.org<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ksde.org%2f&c=E,1,-zGHD_XuWIDlVrWPVnF4ykZf5Y-RlOJeJrcVivNApyyFy9lPGtluYB3l0wz0tPbmE_y-T4CUC7jSgwMegsgj1pmnfyUpew7AFGb8Av-w&typo=1>