[NASAFACS] Virtual FCCLA Chapter

Reno Palombit Reno.Palombit at dpi.nc.gov
Wed Jul 10 14:36:13 MDT 2019

Greetings State Administrators,

Through a USDA grant awarded to NC Agricultural & Technical State University (NCA&T) we our adding our Food and Nutrition I course to the NC Virtual Public School (NCVPS) for NC students to take online. In our conversations with the NCVPS staff we want to ensure access to FCCLA. They are interested in affiliating a statewide virtual chapter, facilitated by a contracted FCS Teacher remotely. They have clubs they support in other areas like honor societies, foreign language clubs, etc. But FFA and FCCLA would be the first CTSOs they would support virtually.  I'm wondering if anyone has experience in establishing and managing a virtual FCCLA chapter and can share any best practices, resources, or suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Reno A. Palombit, NBCT (he/him/his)
Family & Consumer Sciences<http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/cte/program-areas/family/> Education Consultant
Division of Career & Technical Education
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
Phone: 919.807.3904
Follow us on Twitter @NCFCSEd<https://twitter.com/NCFCSEd?lang=en>

[FCS_Logo_RGB_Preferred_Tagline_LowRez]<http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/cte/program-areas/family/>

[FCCLA Emblem Red]<http://fcclainc.org/>[F2S Logo]<http://www.farmtoschoolcoalitionnc.org/>

Visit us on the web at www.ncpublicschools.org. All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.