[NASAFACS] FW: Question - Sewing Needle Guards?

Gayla L. Randel grandel at ksde.org
Thu Feb 7 21:50:07 MST 2019

Hello NASAFACS network,

Does anyone know if it is required for schools to have the needle guards on sewing machines?  I know it was required at one point, but I thought they no longer do. I have a school who is asking.

Thank you,

Gayla Randel

[cid:image001.png at 01D4BF37.32A2E5F0]

Gayla Randel, CFCS
Education Program Consultant, Family & Consumer Sciences
Career Standards and Assessment Services
(785) 296-4912 (wk); (785)291-3791 (fax)
grandel at ksde.org<mailto:grandel at ksde.org>
www.ksde.org<http://www.ksde.org/>
Kansas State Department of Education
LANDON STATE OFFICE BUILDING, 900 SW JACKSON STREET, SUITE 653, TOPEKA, KS 66612

" If work is good, people come home with renewed energies for their families. And if family life is good, people come with renewed energy for work."  Ellen Galinsky, CEO Family and Work Institute