[NASAFACS] Family and Consumer Sciences Article - A must read!

Glover Gladney, Eleanor R EGlover at ed.sc.gov
Fri Aug 23 10:35:14 MDT 2019

Good Afternoon,
All I could say after reading this article, "My sentiments exactly." I want to share it with everyone I have an opportunity to speak to and thought maybe others of you would want to do the same.

No Life Skills: How America Abandoned Home Economics and 'Adulting'
https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/life-skills-home-economics-millennials-ronald-reagan/
A decades long shift toward preparing students to succeed in private industry has left multiple generations of high school graduates unprepared for life as an adult.

Eleanor R. Abel Glover Gladney, PhD
Education Associate
Office of Career and Technical Education
South Carolina Department of Education
1429 Senate Street Room 924
Columbia, SC 29201
803-734-3826 | phone
803-734-3525 | fax
eglover at ed.sc.gov<mailto:eglover at ed.sc.gov>
https://www.ed.sc.gov<https://www.ed.sc.gov/>

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email. The South Carolina Department of Education is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. Communications to and from the South Carolina Department of Education are subject to the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act, unless otherwise exempt by state or federal law.