[NASAFACS] National opportunity for pregnancy prevention/relationship education projects

Kay Reed kayreed at dibbleinstitute.org
Sun Apr 29 15:58:26 MDT 2018

Dear friends and colleagues-

The Office of Adolescent Health just announced this new funding opportunity to teach relationship education/pregnancy prevention to teenagers across the country.  https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/grant-programs/funding-opportunities/index.html <https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/grant-programs/funding-opportunities/index.html>

They plan to make 345 awards totaling $83 million.

We have worked with high school FACS teachers all across the country for many years and know first-hand the amazing job they do teaching this content. And, we hope to encourage folks around the country to include FACS teachers in their plans.

While we realize school districts may not wish to apply themselves, some may want to collaborate with local community organizations who would apply and then partner with local FACS teachers. Teachers would be provided with training and teaching materials at no cost.

If you or your teachers are interested in learning more about this funding opportunity and the programs that Dibble has adapted to meet the goals of the grant, we created a short 34 minute video that goes over the basics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnCECl2xWzk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnCECl2xWzk> They can also share this with community partners to build a case for applying for the grant.

And, if your local school districts need help finding a partner we may be able to identify a community partner to come along side them in their efforts.

Thanks for helping us to get the word out about this amazing opportunity to impact so many young peoples lives.

If you have any question please contact me.

Looking forward to seeing you in Denver!

Best

Kay

Kay Reed | Executive Director
The Dibble Institute | A mission-driven nonprofit
PO Box 7881 | Berkeley, CA 94707-0881
Phone: 800-695-7975 | Direct: 510-812-6238
www.DibbleInstitute.org | KayReed at DibbleInstitute.org