[NASAFACS] Middle School Curriculum- Questions for FACS/FCS State Directors

Gayla L. Randel grandel at ksde.org
Tue Nov 28 09:20:10 MST 2017

Kansas has developed both a set of middle level standards as well as a quality middle level FCS program guide to indicate what a good program should be covering. This program guide allows for local commentary and  lesson  # assignment (relates to a middle level resource KS has developed) should address.  I've attached both for your use.  In addition, we developed a lesson plan template that has been very popular here.  It is called a "universal" design as it inserts time suggestions so one can build from it for local planning regardless of having 45 min or 90 min block classes.  I could share more, but I'm not sure if you need more information.

I have to say we built our work (with permission) from the Indiana middle level FCS resources.

Gayla Randel, Kansas Ed Program Consultant