[NASAFACS] FCCLA NLC Update

Godbey, Kayla - Division of College & Career Readiness kayla.godbey at education.ky.gov
Thu Jun 29 12:53:13 MDT 2017

Good afternoon, NASAFCS Members!

This is my final email before NLC regarding the following items:

1.      Exhibit Work Schedule (2017 Say yes to FCS Teacher Recruitment Booth Sign-Up Sheet)  - Please look over the attached schedule.  If you have not signed up but would like to work a shift, please let me know ASAP.  Thank you to those of you who volunteered to be a part of this important recruitment event.  We have bracelets and stickers to give away, commitment cards, photo booth props, etc. that will be available for you to use to attract students to our booth.  My cell phone number is on the schedule if you need to reach me during NLC. I will work with AAFCS to set up the booth on Sunday afternoon.  Everything will be there waiting for your smiling faces on Monday and Tuesday!

2.      Say Yes to FCS Video Schedule - Please note the following individuals are participating but have not claimed a spot yet: Suzanne Lujan (NC), Angie Ehlers (NE), Chelsey Green (NE), Mary Smith (IA), Paul Zdanis (NV), and Juanelle Garretson (KS).  We will work them in!!!  I also plan to roundup some college students who are currently majoring in FCS Education to appear on the video.   I will send a separate email to our teachers and students who are going to be tapped at NLC.  Taping will begin at 9:00 a.m. in Room 210, Level 3 of the Music City Center.

3.      Say Yes to FCS Signing Ceremony - Please feel free to stop by Room 210, Level 2 of the Music City Center on Wednesday, July 5, 2017 to witness the first national signing event!!!!   We will be recognizing 6 seniors who are committed to FCS Education and 4 who are majoring in FCS in general.  I originally reported 23 individuals would be participating.  However, there are 23 registered to attend including advisers, etc.  The way the data was pulled from seniors who took the survey, the e-vite  was sent to four individuals who were majoring in culinary arts or another field.  We will recognize them this year but in the future it will only be for those who are majoring in FCS Education.  I created a different certificate for these students.   I do not want to un-invite a student. :)

Thank you for all of your assistance as I fulfill my responsibilities as the Teacher Recruitment Chairperson.  Intentionally investing in the future of our profession is SO important. I'm thankful to work with individuals who believe in it as much as I do!

For those of you traveling to Nashville, safe travels!

Kayla

[KDE logo updated]

Kayla Godbey

Family and Consumer Sciences Program Consultant, Career Pathways Branch
Division of College and Career Readiness
Office of Career and Technical Education

Kentucky Department of Education
300 Sower Boulevard
5SW11
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-3472 ext. 4206 | Fax: (502) 564-4800
Email: kayla.godbey at education.ky.gov

This email may contain confidential data or information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail, and you are requested to notify the sender immediately.