[NASAFACS] 2015 FCS Day - Final Push - Dining In for Healthy Families

Lori Myers lmyers at aafcs.org
Tue Dec 1 14:39:32 MST 2015

Dear FCS State Administrators,

Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) Day is this Thursday, Dec. 3rd! As a NASAFACS member, we are counting on you to spread the word to the family and consumer sciences educators in your state! If you are already promoting FCS Day, thank you!

As you may know, participating in FCS Day can be as simple as filling out our online commitment form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ObmJVxwHbt2JFecuNxffrWRLm0DcdIyfqfQPw_nvvkU/viewform?c=0&w=1> and preparing and eating a healthy meal with your family.

For 2015, we are continuing with the theme, "Dining In" for Healthy Families, and the goal of the campaign is to receive 200,000 commitments to "Dining In."  To date, we have more than 90,000 commitments!

Your participation is critical to the success of this initiative! Please commit to"Dining In" on December 3rd<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ObmJVxwHbt2JFecuNxffrWRLm0DcdIyfqfQPw_nvvkU/viewform?c=0&w=1> and share this event with your network of educators, colleagues, family, friends, and public officials.  On our FCS Day website<http://www.aafcs.org/FCSday>, you'll find everything you need to participate in and promote Family & Consumer Sciences Day -"Dining In" for Healthy Families, such as:

  *   Family mealtime resources<http://www.aafcs.org/FCSday/web.html>
  *   Commitment<http://aafcs.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bee11993ef54296c205934b97&id=e0d921c74f&e=e0b74c4ca3> form<http://aafcs.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bee11993ef54296c205934b97&id=e0d921c74f&e=e0b74c4ca3>
  *   Logo to use for your social media profile<http://www.aafcs.org/FCSday/materials.html>
We also have specific ideas for FCS secondary educators to get their students and classes engaged - these are listed at www.aafcs.org/FCSday/secondaryed.html<http://www.aafcs.org/FCSday/secondaryed.html>.
If you have any questions about the campaign, please email Gwynn Mason, AAFCS communications director, at pr at aafcs.org<mailto:pr at aafcs.org>.  If you have specific activities planned, be sure to share these with AAFCS.  We'd love to highlight them!

I look forward to celebrating Family & Consumer Sciences Day with you!  Thank you, in advance, for your help in promoting and advancing FCS Day 2015!

LORI MYERS, PHD, CFCS
Director of Pre-Professional Assessment and Certification (Pre-PAC)
Managing Director of the FCS Research Center
American Assn. of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
400 N. Columbus St. | Ste. 202 | Alexandria, VA  22314
Phone 703-706-4602 | 800-424-8080 ext. 4602
Fax 703-636-7648 | lmyers at aafcs.org<mailto:lmyers at aafcs.org> | www.aafcs.org<http://www.aafcs.org/>
[aafcs_logo_acronym]     [FCS_Logo_RGB_Horizontal]

"Dine In" on December 3rd!<http://www.aafcs.org/FCSday>
[AAFCS_Day_Logo_2015small]