[NASAFACS] FW: Final ESEA Bill Released!

Gayla L. Randel grandel at ksde.org
Tue Dec 1 12:10:02 MST 2015

ACTE has shared news that the final ESEA Reauthorization Bill is now public.  As Advocacy Chair of the NASAFCS committee, I will be sending more details as they become apparent. We do know there are several places where Family and Consumer Sciences Education can be connected in a strong manner.   This version will be voted on in the House and Senate and if approved as presented, it will go to the President for signing. At that time, it will replace the ESEA of the past.

Special thank you to ACTE for work of Sean Lynch and Alisha Hyslop for keeping NASAFACS abreast to current happenings. A link to the bill can be accessed below.

Gayla Randel, 2015-16 NASAFACS Past President/Advocacy Chair

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D12C39.95FEB230]

Gayla Randel, CFCS
Education Program Consultant, Family & Consumer Sciences
Career Standards and Assessment Services
(785) 296-4912 (wk); (785)291-3791 (fax)
grandel at ksde.org<mailto:grandel at ksde.org>
www.ksde.org<http://www.ksde.org/>
Kansas State Department of Education
LANDON STATE OFFICE BUILDING, 900 SW JACKSON STREET, SUITE 653, TOPEKA, KS 66612

" If work is good, people come home with renewed energies for their families. And if family life is good, people come with renewed energy for work."  Ellen Galinsky, CEO Family and Work Institute