[NASAFACS] FW: Policymakers Introduce Bi-partisan Early Learning Bill

Gayla L. Randel grandel at ksde.org
Wed Nov 13 13:09:24 MST 2013

Just had this sent to me. If you click on the "in-depth analysis" link below, it will provide a two page blog which explains what is expected to happen.  I do not see this, but believe there should be a pre-parenting education component that the secondary FCS teachers could tie into. I would think this all starts with a knowledgeable parent  who instills these early skills first, followed by collaboration with the early care providers. I've attached an issue brief that could provide some conversation starters if anyone is thinking about making contact to  point out this link.

 G--

Gayla Randel, CFCS
Educational Program Consultant-Family and Consumer Sciences
Kansas State Department of Education
Lead Consultant-Arts, AV Tech and Communications; Education and Training, Hospitality and Tourism, Human Services
120 SE 10th Avenue-Topeka, KS 66612  785-296-4912   grandel at ksde.org<mailto:grandel at ksde.org>

"If work is good, people come home with renewed energy for their families.  And if family life is good, people come to work with renewed energy for work."  Ellen Galinsky

We're Moving! Please note KSDE's new address effective October 28
(Phone numbers will remain the same)
Kansas State Department of Education, Career, Standards, and Assessment Services
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson Ave, Suite 653
Topeka, KS 66612