[NASAFACS] Coming up Next Week! Equipping Youth to Navigate Finances

Daila Boufford dboufford at aafcs.org
Thu Jan 31 08:34:49 MST 2013

Hello,

Coming up next week we have an excellent webinar for secondary educators who are teaching financial literacy.  Dr. Eugene Roehlkepartain will be presenting "Equipping Youth to Navigate Finances in Their Everyday Lives:  A Fresh, Engaging Approach to Financial Literacy".  Dr. Roehlkepartain is the VP of Research and Development at Search Institute.  You can learn more about this organization here<http://www.search-institute.org/> (http://www.search-institute.org/).

If you attended our webinar on Family Assets last Fall, you know that Gene is a fantastic presenter who supplies his audience with a wealth of resources and follow up information.  This is going to be a great presentation that you don't want to miss!

Please forward this webinar announcement to the educators on your mailing list.  And - don't forget to encourage them to use the registration code:  NASAFACS when registering for the webinar!  Working together, we can spread the word far and wide about this incredible resource for our educators.

If you have trouble forwarding the email below, you can use this link:  http://tinyurl.com/azu3cfj

Thank you for all you do to support AAFCS!
Have a great day!
Daila

[DAILA BOUFFORD signature]

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kql6x9dab&v=0019K7_GMZJyC8_eDz5o95pBCxSHvorVxYPRL7sndwjadDo5f3vUCDY-mzGkbj7LD_LXvv-mY8JZsQ71HhitSLWmsr1EwNw6IBQuPOjRl1LqgxNmJrNx2Fkg96hOERf3Ehyq-44VDItQp7Dr5clBl78WMuaKOAo1mpgY4ucmMWpr3g4zKCrJl-tNH73kbSDshoWcSTQOmk8YYBxQnHKbRGQQaEAdRXoY8HyhU9K1qSLlWvbV0KOUEEtJDnAuJKHNdjEqaiAGxy6X5IAPFhBs97AIIfPbUkzFPoCy9nKWKMR2sQHx5S0l8mN00NnBYtnu0Kv2sfPQ2Byq5GKkQIZF1MSo0RGmRBKtwbkgv5aJ64GSLKVSQow2wEdhlFFS0VHf8tgK-5VunD05DTbjf_GpELJ1GXRHp84D6rh1swgRe-HHPW5AixZqYYM5KuHCdpqnRUJoqDM1nTLfZQDEKZhGi89UxhUXSV9eyEN-cpUvgVX9FLzTiplKwwNkKXGNYf7nBY8&id=preview>
[PDC Banner]

Brought to you by the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences

Equipping Youth to Navigate Finances in Their Everyday Lives: A Fresh Approach to Financial Literacy
Webinar Crosswalk<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPLkpdWqoTvu5GnWLs2IMZHZEoew99FPLjiB5hRS_n3jVtY0yEx2AeTzC8_9I-BcQiMGPRGFH2CkOUpZvac12u8mP5nIE51wFTWl6T96K2a9LWxfzx1R_ttl>

Thursday, February 7th at 4:00pm ET
Add to my calendar<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPKcWL3TkFFOmWf4CRESP2PwjfKfjUz8CjVF63E3JxEudGXi4-azQkV9LBUzm72T_iSH_CbJrC4l95rk5349ihIKiABjQqMbFaB8724kXq3wcws22a2w_HW0Gtw7e7IEIqU=>

Greetings!

Financial literacy programs abound these days, but most of them take the same approach-calculations, percentages, financial facts, what you should not buy, the dangers lurking within credits cards.

It's enough to scare young people away, or bore them to sleep.

This webinar introduces a different approach-teaching youth about the emotional side of money, how to build personal confidence in using money, and how to stimulate positive dialogue within families about financial decisions.

The concepts presented give educators new tools to move beyond a focus on the checkbook to an emphasis on becoming comfortable, confident, and competent in using money in our everyday lives.

Learn about a unique, family-focused, free curriculum (Grades 3-12) that makes it easy to understand, talk about, and manage money.

Register now for this AAFCS educational webinar (1.5 PDUs):

Equipping Youth to Navigate Finances in Their Everyday Lives:  A Fresh, Engaging Approach to Financial Literacy

Presented by Eugene C. Roehlkepartain

90-minute program

Thursday, February 7 at 4:00 pm ET

Register Now!<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPKcWL3TkFFOmWf4CRESP2PwjfKfjUz8CjVF63E3JxEudGXi4-azQkV9LBUzm72T_iRe2VU5wb9dnbV9pnFrM3qlVAYnzsC9dPEjcoF10imiL_LE7oiednPwPNkRD78NpdyZ77HCt_z0EHr4ba8Akvr0LUikoI3AjDI=>

$35 for AAFCS members ($50 for non-members)

Check out the Bundled Pricing Discount<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPKcWL3TkFFOmWf4CRESP2PwjfKfjUz8CjVF63E3JxEudGXi4-azQkV9LBUzm72T_iRe2VU5wb9dnQzBceL1BqIB4prr6Dc8uT-jijKDg-HzRW-L29xBEemHVzQfmxnUcVIEeqj73cyP3rJiSwLgHNDD> and save when you purchase 3 webinars together

Money is about much more than numbers.  An entire dimension often is missed in our quest to develop money management skills in youth-the emotional side.  How we feel about money, the values we hold, the dreams we have.

By understanding what drives our money choices and increasing our skills in having these conversations within our families, we have a better chance of being successful in balancing the checkbook... and achieving our dreams.

In just 90 minutes, you will discover:

  *   Positive, empowering, and practical strategies for addressing money issues
  *   How to access the flexible Bank It curriculum that incorporates Jump$tart standards
  *   What the research shows about the link between healthy development and financial literacy
  *   Exercises, activities, conversation starters for all ages on how to make decisions with money
  *   Ready-to-go lesson plans that can be downloaded for free
  *   Trusted sources for consumers and educators to find information

Behavioral economics meets FCS

The field of behavioral economics is gaining a foothold among educators who are seeking alternative ways to make it easier to understand money and the underlying behavior, values, and priorities that come into play with almost every spending decision.

Coupled with the family and consumer sciences perspectives on improving the lives of individuals, families, and communities, this webinar offers an entirely new path to achieving competency and financial well being:

  *   How to use money to reflect your values and priorities and
  *   How to build a comfort level with money and use it as a tool for paying for your dreams and goals....not just for financial transactions.

Register now and learn how to break through the fears and the math anxiety that surround today's typical financial literacy programs.

The world is becoming increasingly complex and individuals are being asked to take personal responsibility for more and more of their own finances....from student loans to retirement planning.  Traditional financial knowledge and facts will always be necessary, but without a genuine comfort level with money and the ability to discuss it with ease, young people will continue to be scared away.

Register now!<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPKcWL3TkFFOmWf4CRESP2PwjfKfjUz8CjVF63E3JxEudGXi4-azQkV9LBUzm72T_iRe2VU5wb9dnbV9pnFrM3qlVAYnzsC9dPEjcoF10imiL_LE7oiednPwPNkRD78NpdyZ77HCt_z0EHr4ba8Akvr0LUikoI3AjDI=>

About the Presenter

[Gene photo]

Eugene C. Roehlkepartain is Vice President of Research and Development for Search Institute(r), a nonprofit organization dedicated to discovering what kids need to succeed in their families, schools, and communities. He has given more than 100 presentations, keynotes, and workshops to a wide range of audiences (including AAFCS) focused on the healthy development of children, youth, and families.

Who should register?  Classroom teachers (Grades 3-12), community educators, and others who are responsible for financial literacy education or more broadly, parent education.

Not able to attend on February 7?  No problem. This event will be archived on the AAFCS website for the same low registration rates. Feel free to go ahead and register now.  All registrants who do not attend the live event will automatically receive a link to the archived recording.

Register Now!<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPKcWL3TkFFOmWf4CRESP2PwjfKfjUz8CjVF63E3JxEudGXi4-azQkV9LBUzm72T_iRe2VU5wb9dnbV9pnFrM3qlVAYnzsC9dPEjcoF10imiL_LE7oiednPwPNkRD78NpdyZ77HCt_z0EHr4ba8Akvr0LUikoI3AjDI=>

I can't make it<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPKcWL3TkFFOmWf4CRESP2PwjfKfjUz8CjVF63E3JxEudGXi4-azQkV9LBUzm72T_iT8h-XNMB1mpBFWV52SltNnDZbvXGK4kal5JL_hOCqTyd2g29Xl5P9_cv9Hv3jhqJlbjtWCl74pY396uuvTuZN3yZT8pGz8R8I=>

Share this event with a colleague!  Forward to a Friend<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1103630347786&a=1112224425400&ea=dboufford@aafcs.org&id=preview>

[Like us on Facebook]<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZB6xFnWDk1iYnpm7d48z7DLPpeCD7bgiVPrirGYXqCOpktkJfd1CmFagq7IcMBnFyuOckJ50cI2A=> [Follow us on Twitter] <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZB6xFnWDk1iYnpm7d48z7DJlGmrrMqBEpEjfdQ6y8lsYZ8pOOzn-WyA==>  [View our profile on LinkedIn] <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPLkpdWqoTvu5CYFaBRZbUV3HN_rV6TR1rQTw60FBdS8LGm_eN0w8YsyT9o3yty-GNWO8qHgy4NFRDSQ4qcPf3cZWKo46xOoTZQ=>  [Find us on Pinterest] <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPK4e-IvIa-2bPoUxQ41oku2KmN8B9ovVNjafn8OjJwqKQ==>

If you work at a higher ed institution and would be interested in using any of our webinars as content for your classrooms, please contact me.  Special site license rates are available!

Click here<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Dofoc80GlQXML8GV9TCa6AnnTHDwRSJryp6bkfXxuD-C6vexsjIzTAJyAkpxCoSZH-kN_ODqrPLkpdWqoTvu5GnWLs2IMZHZ97kgD5otPku6GwPTlmInUPHg-ZnB2i9vxVEtAOshpSMN0l8gOjL1vQ==> to see other webinars scheduled for 2013 and to view/access other webinar titles in the archives.

New to webinars?  Check out our risk-free guarantee.

100% Refund If You're Not Satisfied

We believe you will find our professional development events to be of high quality and unique value.  Our goal is to provide you with a great online learning experience.  Our webinar tool is very easy to use and we offer technical support before and during our events. However, if you should encounter technical difficulties during the webinar that impede your learning in any way, we will either correct the problem or refund 100% of your registration fee.

If you register for the webinar and are not able to attend on the scheduled date, you will receive a link to the archived copy of the event, which is available 24/7.  No refunds will be given for non-attendance.

AAFCS Virtual Professional Development: Get Inspired. Get Jazzed. Get With It!

Sincerely,

Daila Boufford
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
dboufford at aafcs.org<mailto:dboufford at aafcs.org>
703 706-4609

Forward email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=kql6x9dab&m=1103630347786&ea=dboufford@aafcs.org&a=1112224425400&id=preview>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/SafeUnsubscribe_Footer_Logo_New.png]<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESusXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=001NZm2NxVH2x5K7PBlafMebg%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9dab>

[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/CC_Footer_Logo_New.png]<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEVP_Inv_001&id=preview>

This email was sent to dboufford at aafcs.org<mailto:dboufford at aafcs.org> by dboufford at aafcs.org<mailto:dboufford at aafcs.org> |
Update Profile/Email Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESusXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=001NZm2NxVH2x5K7PBlafMebg%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9dab> | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESusXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=001NZm2NxVH2x5K7PBlafMebg%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9dab>(tm) | Privacy Policy<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp?id=preview>.

American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences | 400 N. Columbus, Suite 202 | Alexandria | VA | 22314