[NASAFACS] Coming up Next Week! Living Green: Energy Efficient and Sustainable Practices within the Home

Daila Boufford dboufford at aafcs.org
Thu Jan 17 10:29:59 MST 2013

Hello and Happy New Year!

I hope that you all had a nice break with friends and family and that you are having a great start to the year.  Many of you may have see our exciting lineup of webinars for the Spring semester.  If you have not seen this, check it out at http://tinyurl.com/alfgtf9.

Our first webinar of the year is Living Green:  Energy Efficient and Sustainable Practices within the Home, presented by Northpoint High School FCS teacher, Susan Tietje.  Susan will address sustainability, LEED and eco-friendly practices that are better for your health and the environment!  Not only is this a great webinar to attend for personal benefits, it is also an excellent piece of content for educators to share with their students!

Please pass this announcement (below) along to the educators in your state.  If you need a direct link to the webinar description, visit http://tinyurl.com/a4nlark.

Don't forget to encourage your educators to use the registration code NASAFACS when registering for the webinar!

To see the full list of our webinars (both upcoming and live), visit http://www.aafcs.org/DevelopmentCenter/Webinars.asp.

Thanks and have a GREAT day!
Daila

[DAILA BOUFFORD signature]

Subject: Coming up Next Week! Living Green: Energy Efficient and Sustainable Practices within the Home
________________________________
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kql6x9dab&v=001v2ezZPmZ_itRfmDPGM2Z08R8YHO_zjgqYiKRmfndyijleMIP6uCP8RCmCk5xHTst3SK3iOlP-2Lc9wDNy14ifykJ85yd4RfzaOkhlCT05RMHAP_2fdY8UaUFsZB67m9cI7QUKdOivzMifOI1PaJLS9ZmL0V6aV_ezDeC9v-bv02DZ3FUXbWD3sn0Dak1pdcygy42Z_4Sk-lEqvh4DoDd0ZWieXVAm0Vy9_36htQB53vXs4J-xZH8m3RnFeNrGOcDr400THLbmDbu66Kp0EbZ1EQ004GxScCIogGl81gOpeUWlsLZ8b3gVOOmTmEqTNSVkFmfGg9JtDdVczTOwaDQAX-t1T3wf19ut2UklSLiPK_vbXktIFmFDio1gke5lrIK-6A5J_c4qC8BYxGsWbOY-3CIS5wDXiYYjInshJHNNjfKgTx8Y0k2xYUFVgZtAGrVkkVeLLLcA_9_zzY0nJc-jnuzarZn352fauPOgGKIKKY727B-iPQhp1LGgrwkkxwC&id=preview>
[PDC Banner]

Brought to you by the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences

Living Green: Energy Efficient and Sustainable Practices within the Home
Webinar Crosswalk<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhK1KkBVKPL28vo8NL85wpWb8kW40XoCd-1xc819E7zWEdQUTgRpRd7HbC__H-SaDUq_tZL0w-u5b9AyvX2MpmWBNU5gVj4iTTFZ6lfEbYlV_w==>

Thursday, January 24th at 4:00pm Eastern Time
Add to Calendar<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhI5MbZhfEB0CwDTvI9KvqXQp3UYoyHIujqQTt-DytzdymUnrBAus3bdeNbv404lf6Y_Tis5JdZtlV8l76CUor1SqBwf1RiwF-bYnL-0Sj7GPAPdGLWJxc8LqMgBSSy6qbA=>

Greetings!

Living green has gone mainstream. Whether to save money or save the planet, more people have adopted an eco-friendly mindset.

But now that our collective consciousness has been raised, how do we implement green living in our daily lives?

How can we design our homes to be eco-friendly and economical?  What are the hot new products we should consider? Once we move in, how can we clean and maintain our homes in an earth-friendly way?

Fortunately, corporate America has responded to the increasing demand for green products.  From the grocery store to the lumberyard, consumers have more options than ever before....and more confusion too, about labeling, sources for credible reviews, where to find the new products, and resources for educators.

Find the answers at this AAFCS educational webinar (1.5 PDUs) and discover how you can reduce your carbon footprint, save money, and protect your health by living green.

Living Green: Energy Efficient and

Sustainable Practices within the Home

Presented by Susan Tietje

90-minute program

Thursday, January 24 at 4:00 pm ET

Register Now!<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhI5MbZhfEB0CwDTvI9KvqXQp3UYoyHIujqQTt-DytzdymUnrBAus3bdeNbv404lf6ZZSgox4k32uhvX7P79D1pWY55XbYlJpJYoJYxhmq0noFxsEZ9gFsEXgh33aD4UWMZdrGXntLFWklajh955u02pkgtb0I9ItiQ=>

$35 for AAFCS members ($50 for non-members)

Save with our Bundled Pricing Discount<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhI5MbZhfEB0C74kuL7nUndNhIy6TQjMHtsKvLcwIITfnmW9HQx74yo9ETH1gd7VASoVquM_B8z11pe1zcud1pJHvftE1X7pnwwzyTXdsTHBPc1Rw7WTaStlirknxhoh7jt-DNN1uRZmUQ==> when you purchase 3 webinars together

In just 90 minutes, you will discover:

  *   A new state of awareness about your surroundings
  *   The hot new materials used to build and decorate homes
  *   A variety of fixtures, finishes, and equipment that are considered eco-friendly
  *   The facts about cleaning materials, hazardous chemicals, disposal of hazardous products
  *   Environmentally friendly paints, caulking, and flooring
  *   The most energy efficient appliances, tankless hot water heaters, high performance windows, & more
  *   How consumers are cashing in on the rebates trend
  *   Trusted sources for consumers and educators to find information

With more than 80,000 chemicals in the environment-many linked to asthma, allergies, and other health issues- it is important to maintain low toxicity levels in your living space.  This webinar will discuss how you can cost-effectively reduce your exposure to these chemicals and improve your indoor air quality.

Buyer beware!

What makes a product "green?" Now that more and more companies are racing to release products, components, or even services that are considered friendly to the environment, consumers need a clear understanding of what the various terms and labels mean and how they are regulated. Your presenter will walk you through the various buzzwords and legitimate distinctions so that you and your students can be smart consumers.

Whatever you need to buy next....water bottles, light bulbs, appliances, counter top .....you will be well prepared after this webinar!

You will also learn how to live green without buying a thing!  Discover novel ideas for repurposing furniture and other items in your house to further your environmental goals.

Ideas for educators

Educators will find additional take-aways such as ideas for interior design projects, eco-friendly clubs, and how to be connected to the best sustainability information available today.  Save hours of internet searching--these resources have already been discovered, evaluated, and used successfully by FCS professionals.

Learn dozens of strategies for shaping your 21st century green lifestyle!

Register now!<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhI5MbZhfEB0CwDTvI9KvqXQp3UYoyHIujqQTt-DytzdymUnrBAus3bdeNbv404lf6ZZSgox4k32uhvX7P79D1pWY55XbYlJpJYoJYxhmq0noFxsEZ9gFsEXgh33aD4UWMZdrGXntLFWklajh955u02pkgtb0I9ItiQ=>

About the Presenter

[https://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs164/1103630347786/img/104.jpg]

Susan Tietje teaches family and consumer sciences at Northport High School in New York and is an adjunct lecturer at Queens College, City University of New York in the Family and Consumer Sciences Department. She is a frequent presenter on eco-friendly practices and sustainability.

Who should register?  Secondary and higher education educators, interior designers, and anyone who wants to learn more about the latest eco-friendly methods and hot new products for the home.

Not able to attend on January 24?  No problem. This event will be archived on the AAFCS website for the same low registration rates.

Register Now!<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhI5MbZhfEB0CwDTvI9KvqXQp3UYoyHIujqQTt-DytzdymUnrBAus3bdeNbv404lf6ZZSgox4k32uhvX7P79D1pWY55XbYlJpJYoJYxhmq0noFxsEZ9gFsEXgh33aD4UWMZdrGXntLFWklajh955u02pkgtb0I9ItiQ=>

I can't make it<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhI5MbZhfEB0CwDTvI9KvqXQp3UYoyHIujqQTt-DytzdymUnrBAus3bdeNbv404lf6bP7E2m47tlbdMn7zRP9iwZV55DNUftileFTTfZLSBM_f9L45ot0Q51j59AsNl75cQk1t_4TiIeUKnTorDgOXngUEqhQlAUIhc=>

Share this event with your colleagues!  Forward to a Friend<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1103630347786&a=1112168133560&ea=dboufford@aafcs.org&id=preview>

[Like us on Facebook]<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLVHxq39qFDlOYrpl8Vh2x_2mHFfsqM2-26gd9Yq8mVwx8zatKMR9ak40oiUEmpw77vgK9b2yKbIE=> [Follow us on Twitter] <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLVHxq39qFDlOYrpl8Vh2x_1pDzGh2jRSygXSL0y9jqm4ZgOITtYLFIQ==>  [View our profile on LinkedIn] <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhK1KkBVKPL28nJJqQFYLZwvniyeA6sVytR4AmIuVGCZueBU2OXlki9FY-QhH05aX3_i_xs6VdKYhffIjk3SmaQ5GWCtnJAEGZ4=>  [Find us on Pinterest] <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhJkDiDrpTGCR88yxfFRnNxdNChPwWKvO7_vXOz5Z3q73g==>

If you work at a higher ed institution and would be interested in using any of our webinars as content for your classrooms, please contact me.  Special site license rates are available!

Click here<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001e-8VVMSyyQmncs-E125j3EqiEarIdajWosl6vqS8sZXxK17UpsK5JcAgSY6WjhqLvraU_2nmBhK1KkBVKPL28vo8NL85wpWbkeSGo6gIGOaEp46WXbewr2Im5vVIxpt1qDG0lQw5CeSP6ZqHxoOPNA==> to see other webinars scheduled for 2013 and to view/access other webinar titles in the archives.

New to webinars?  Check out our risk-free guarantee.

100% Refund If You're Not Satisfied

We believe you will find our professional development events to be of high quality and unique value.  Our goal is to provide you with a great online learning experience.  Our webinar tool is very easy to use and we offer technical support before and during our events. However, if you should encounter technical difficulties during the webinar that impede your learning in any way, we will either correct the problem or refund 100% of your registration fee.

If you register for the webinar and are not able to attend on the scheduled date, you will receive a link to the archived copy of the event, which is available 24/7.  No refunds will be given for non-attendance.

AAFCS Virtual Professional Development: Get Inspired. Get Jazzed. Get With It!

Sincerely,

Daila Boufford

American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences

dboufford at aafcs.org<mailto:dboufford at aafcs.org>

703-706-4609

Forward email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=kql6x9dab&m=1103630347786&ea=dboufford@aafcs.org&a=1112168133560&id=preview>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/SafeUnsubscribe_Footer_Logo_New.png]<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESusXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=0011N-59bWCwdL8ETzq_8BuTw%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9dab>

[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/CC_Footer_Logo_New.png]<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEVP_Inv_001&id=preview>

This email was sent to dboufford at aafcs.org<mailto:dboufford at aafcs.org> by dboufford at aafcs.org<mailto:dboufford at aafcs.org> |
Update Profile/Email Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESusXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=0011N-59bWCwdL8ETzq_8BuTw%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9dab> | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESusXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=0011N-59bWCwdL8ETzq_8BuTw%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9dab>(tm) | Privacy Policy<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp?id=preview>.

American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences | 400 N. Columbus, Suite 202 | Alexandria | VA | 22314