[NASAFACS] EverFi

Slaughter, Leslie - Office of Career and Technical Education leslie.slaughter at education.ky.gov
Tue Dec 10 12:31:52 MST 2013

EverFi is a supplemental resource that we do promote in Kentucky both in Business and FACS Education.  We are a locally-controlled state, so I am not permitted to "endorse" any sort of vendor, however I do share it as a resource for my teachers and many of them use the modules.

Take care,

Leslie Slaughter
State Supervisor - Family & Consumer Sciences Education
Office of Career & Technical Education
Kentucky Department of Education
500 Mero Street, 2034 CPT
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-4286  Ext: 4218

From: nasafacs-bounces at lists.uen.org [mailto:nasafacs-bounces at lists.uen.org] On Behalf Of Ryberg, Diane K. DPI
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:21 PM
To: 'nasafacs at lists.uen.org'
Subject: [NASAFACS] EverFi

Is your state supporting or endorsing EverFi?

Summary of EverFi
EverFi is the nation's largest provider of online critical life skills education platforms.  EverFi focuses on using cutting edge technology to introduce important topics to young people today in an engaging manner.  All of their platforms are online, interactive, map to state and national standards and support teachers efforts in the classroom.  They address topics such as Financial Literacy, STEM, Digital Literacy, Entrepreneurship and Civic Engagement.  Best of all, they provide all of their platforms to local schools and teachers at no-cost to the district or tax-payer.  (They seek support from financial institutions.)

Diane Ryberg
Education Consultant
Family and Consumer Sciences Education
FCCLA State Adviser