[NASAFACS] Coming Up Next Week - Healthy Family and Consumer Sciences Classrooms

Daila Boufford dboufford at aafcs.org
Wed Sep 26 08:08:49 MDT 2012

Good Morning!

Please share the information below with your educators.  Dr. Candace Fox
of Mount Vernon Nazarene University will be presenting on how cultural
and social aspects affect our behaviors around food and lifestyle
choices.  In our increasingly diverse classrooms, understanding cultural
influences can have a significant impact on how students embrace
content.

This webinar will be offered live on Thursday, October 4th at 4pm
Eastern Time.  It will also be archived for those who are unable to join
live.

Be sure to encourage your educators to use the registration code
NASAFACS when registering!

To see a full list of the webinar schedule (as well as a list of AAFCS
archived webinars) visit:
http://www.aafcs.org/DevelopmentCenter/Webinars.asp

Have a great day!

Daila Boufford

Director of Professional Development and Market Research, AAFCS

dboufford at aafcs.org

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kql6x9dab&v=001T4YSe
KItteUP6T6a4VvSLNQUGlYFmQHFdb_nWH7Kwua53E8MRwnZAXb5NnBVQH1kKfF7TmFdKPmQc
5PN_qk4qfYdsArw5lditKiohG8UIH-M2QRMwdPZQQezr7xpNj10SeHKJd9Aw70hmY1BN24xs
nVB20SFlwT4EJTDtVlhoGcR-L0gljeoiDTAnUYN_oYFbj9uNklOtD40dr1vYPTyI28qQu1Rh
RVOxgu7iIzRcUDeLKHJu1oktw%3D%3D>

 PDC
Banner<http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs029/1103630347786/img/81.jpg>

Brought to you by the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences

Healthy Family and Consumer Sciences Classrooms: New Perspectives on
Social and Cultural Factors

Webinar Crosswalk
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC-ZIfi0ij419zMM4cCLYgRvVlzCeEyl
fWf96lgXc5OnlamLVsM5PlYv-UZk9cS0IZPFmQg9XUs16TOVQrFXgpgElpTDshQ43wpKcNir
LVzcsAREARAgw1EqbJln8qkzX7DD7nZ9ZhPKtYZv0SDTOLPfkoiZcosAAfxVM2TkH5Noew==

Thursday, October 4th at 4pm Eastern Time

Add to my calendar
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC8F0KJ29BF6yMhxJBAhikuEk6Ruph9B
gAVHZ4RdZkT9QLrxvufBktnW4Lrw6MXhN7C4i8TjnSvHNIHjV338CQghRIAXSz4JVR-kY8R1
vw3mKYmAbYVOp7irsIz_udat4Cm0KLTcSxDIY8DvpnSU1Jy2Tf_Nal5uYJIUCqzuCeUoM5oJ
tfMIZslXQBs2cdvw6Cg=>

Big Food: Health, Culture and the Evolution of Eating
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC_otvr3Zzi6UaiCej2W6XH7krAJ94tt
kP0mHiO6jMRTVw9T7yKkTCcG1a7XeOJaePa7uWyTPlm4vU-vWQnmck4eywQ6iKQUrEVL368T
pU-Vxp_NUBcsAwwaSxbAFLWFI7A=>

Big Food: Health, Culture and the Evolution of Eating

The guidelines for living a healthy lifestyle change with new research
and as we age.  And today, social and cultural factors influence
lifestyle choices in areas such as nutrition and physical activity more
than ever before.  Learn how to use the latest research-based
information and resources to showcase a healthy lifestyle.

Register Now!
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC9Y5H_aASt9yqPziL-ovTkC8p73Qjx2
_gVhmEkAmQNsKUxSfzIJ5u0a8BfTl0zeTle-zvW2M5ZWeknY_nZulvT1eabF6Yo17wUGe7zo
-pHF-QfWTLq92U1Z1T74mxhBCKw4LW-2G0uFULyZvK6MmYRMr2r8Jx4ZnuqSgasMdzUPkOB3
lSX_ttDSGFtJKF4-ZDKHAeoKdbAZsIdM1le-08np9Hl9Tqk2AmI=>

Greetings,

A healthy lifestyle is about more than counting your daily servings of
vegetables and pumping iron in the gym.   It is about overall physical,
mental, and social well-being.

Achieving a healthy lifestyle involves forming good habits, learning how
to make decisions, and developing problem-solving, skills.  There is no
better place to learn these skills than the family and consumer sciences
classroom!

And there is another vital dimension that teachers must master to create
a Healthy FCS Classroom-understanding the many social and cultural
factors that come into play in today's multicultural classrooms.

Learn how to use the latest research-based information and resources to
showcase a healthy lifestyle that is relevant for the diverse FCS
classrooms of the 21st century.

Register now for this AAFCS educational webinar (1.5 PDUs):

Healthy Family and Consumer Sciences Classrooms:

New Perspectives on Social and Cultural Factors

Presented by Candace K. Fox, PhD, CFCS, CFLE

90-minute program

Thursday, October 4th at 4pm ET

AAFCS Webinar Crosswalk
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC-ZIfi0ij419zMM4cCLYgRvVlzCeEyl
fWf96lgXc5OnlamLVsM5PlYv-UZk9cS0IZPFmQg9XUs16TOVQrFXgpgElpTDshQ43wpKcNir
LVzcsAREARAgw1EqbJln8qkzX7DD7nZ9ZhPKtYZv0SDTOLPfkoiZcosAAfxVM2TkH5Noew==

Check with your state or district to see if this webinar is approved for
CEU credit!

Register Now!
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC9Y5H_aASt9yqPziL-ovTkC8p73Qjx2
_gVhmEkAmQNsKUxSfzIJ5u0a8BfTl0zeTle-zvW2M5ZWeknY_nZulvT1eabF6Yo17wUGe7zo
-pHF-QfWTLq92U1Z1T74mxhBCKw4LW-2G0uFULyZvK6MmYRMr2r8Jx4ZnuqSgasMdzUPkOB3
lSX_ttDSGFtJKF4-ZDKHAeoKdbAZsIdM1le-08np9Hl9Tqk2AmI=>

$35 for AAFCS members ($50 for non-members)

Use our Bundled Pricing Discount
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC_UIEaa9GxcBc10WlCxEjtDLHC7OD5s
q-I6UZUT6L5-XnI9ZQ49OOa9vv3aw7TbQJikIMriCInlI9dCRiLmid2Iw1JCsPC4a7-5FycN
D85gt_qEEtsARBtse9IvQq_nFaqnBGHJBuqI0zFc7oKBQOtegdF3cghgOE7a9991wFoa45K0
GHoakh2OxHQyD6ZxWt5GQkpbfyofvA==>  to save on registration!

More than 1,000 students from foreign countries enter U.S. schools every
day.  Our nation is growing more and more culturally and linguistically
diverse each day.....creating both a challenge and an opportunity for
FCS teachers to be agents of change, and the FCS classroom to be a model
for healthy living.

At the same time, guidelines for living a healthy lifestyle are
constantly changing as we absorb new research developments and learn
more about the adolescent brain and human behavior.  As a result,
professionals often have difficulty keeping pace with the changes, let
alone applying it to our classrooms.

This webinar will bring you up to date and offer you powerful and
effective methods for teaching your students why it is important to
build a healthy lifestyle and how they can do it within their own social
and cultural framework.  From research-based nutrition information to
model lesson plans and culturally responsive activities, you will come
away with a wide range of resources that you can put to use right away

.

In just 90 minutes, you will know how to:

*	Identify social and cultural factors that influence healthy
lifestyle choices.
*	Determine ways to showcase the healthy lifestyle information
within classrooms, schools, and communities.
*	Develop an understanding of how problem solving can help
individuals make healthy lifestyle choices.
*	Create and apply healthy choices within the classroom related to
healthy lifestyle choices.

Get ready to inject some new life into your curriculum and create a
Healthy FCS Classroom at your school!  And your students will walk away
with not only essential life skills, but also a deeper understanding of
why a healthy lifestyle matters.

And here's a bonus benefit of having a Healthy FCS Classroom:

To sustain FCS programs in schools, we need to have a product that
everyone wants, not the old outdated model. Classrooms (and teachers)
that advocate a healthy lifestyle might be that product.

About the Presenter:

 Candace
Photo<http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs029/1103630347786/img/85.jpg>
Candace K. Fox, PhD, CFCS, CFLE, has been teaching Family and Consumer
Sciences    content courses, including Nutrition, at Mount Vernon
Nazarene University for 28 years.  She has taught Nutrition to FCS
majors as well as Physical Education and Nursing  majors.  She
integrates aspects of a healthy lifestyle in her content, including
physical  activity, culture, socioeconomic factors, age, and gender. The
applied focus of her work  requires her to stay up-to-date on current
research and resources.

Who should register?   FCS teachers in middle and high school as well as
teacher educators at the college level. Teacher education students, who
often are searching for model lesson plans, will find this webinar
beneficial.

Not able to attend on October 4?  No problem. This event will be
archived on the AAFCS website for the same low registration rates.

Register Now!
<http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?llr=kql6x9dab&o
eidk=a07e6bdbqi4effb437b&oseq=a001gd97l4n3>

Take advantage of the webinar bundle discount
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC_UIEaa9GxcBc10WlCxEjtDLHC7OD5s
q-I6UZUT6L5-XnI9ZQ49OOa9vv3aw7TbQJikIMriCInlI9dCRiLmid2Iw1JCsPC4a7-5FycN
D85gt_qEEtsARBtse9IvQq_nFaqnBGHJBuqI0zFc7oKBQOtegdF3cghgOE7a9991wFoa45K0
GHoakh2OxHQyD6ZxWt5GQkpbfyofvA==>  to save!

I can't make it
<http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/decline?llr=kql6x9dab&oe
idk=a07e6bdbqi4effb437b&oseq=a001gd97l4n3>

Share this event with your colleagues  Like us on Facebook
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC9q03drdT0uIPhfrc_5m-exjj8v03if
IKEnLUFrveELEPY7M0F2ncK1RV6TJycy_lznKkZ7wAruecZdA0wjo6CGcbDG3_ukc-ThRdZZ
eefoiLtlL_bpeoDyFsLs_OZ2gf0=>  Follow us on Twitter
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC_YBMq_pCAvY1JLIxTZu0qqpKRCAV2y
K7u5kwfINqaTRvVkMzf-r087yFLj9jhLpNCDgtQp6Ml6rFAFf-KzWGVuGoCcsyIxRVHPpz84
i8S4dQ==>  View our profile on LinkedIn
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC_1QPYQM0TucYfYhpNf9KEgbDJEK_yI
CUbaCtNS9fArUSZXWK992ytJvTQEfPkG9CLbvSCkbrhWSicyna-Pa9HmjK2GAtOAfoCk79IF
Mb5VNcFg_zfqegH84Il7lKBVSgbdjefHuV0E2DaRyizCgrEo>

If you work at a higher ed institution and would be interested in using
any of our webinars as content for your classrooms, please contact me.
Special site license rates are available!

Click here
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IFr3-MihnC8WS2wtwFiZMO38kHkImqCWy-PgjpKe
vYMk1vvOdnb1NVOsr6s1MfGthrjxnsrkTdusQJB80tOcsRQL8O0DGVpElx7tx5EsNYr5_nf5
pnDsS6KU1wWpN8APrxSEjbtHfOP6xBDrHzFgNQ==>  to see other webinars
scheduled for 2012 and to view/access other webinar titles in the
archives.

New to webinars?  Check out our risk-free guarantee.

100% Refund If You're Not Satisfied

We believe you will find our professional development events to be of
high quality and unique value.  Our goal is to provide you with a great
online learning experience.  Our webinar tool is very easy to use and we
offer technical support before and during our events. However, if you
should encounter technical difficulties during the webinar that impede
your learning in any way, we will either correct the problem or refund
100% of your registration fee.

If you register for the webinar and are not able to attend on the
scheduled date, you will receive a link to the archived copy of the
event, which is available 24/7.  No refunds will be given for
non-attendance.

AAFCS Virtual Professional Development: Get Inspired. Get Jazzed. Get
With It!

Sincerely,

Daila Boufford

American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences

dboufford at aafcs.org

703 706-4609

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=kql6x9dab&m=1103630347786
&ea=dboufford%40aafcs.org&a=1111102016171>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESu
k6DnvQK0IPs&t=001y9tJClI6N7bT3tQAjPzGXw%3D%3D&llr=kql6x9dab>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEVP_Inv_001>

This email was sent to dboufford at aafcs.org by dboufford at aafcs.org |

Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESu
k6DnvQK0IPs&t=001y9tJClI6N7bT3tQAjPzGXw%3D%3D&llr=kql6x9dab>  | Instant
removal with SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESu
k6DnvQK0IPs&t=001y9tJClI6N7bT3tQAjPzGXw%3D%3D&llr=kql6x9dab> (tm) |
Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .

American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences | 400 N. Columbus,
Suite 202 | Alexandria | VA | 22314

<http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1111102016171.0.1103630347786.1&ts=S0817&o=
http://ui.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif>