[NASAFACS] Coming Up Next Week - Motivating K-12 Students for Content Mastery has been sent

Daila Boufford dboufford at aafcs.org
Thu Sep 20 09:12:58 MDT 2012

Below is a description of our webinar coming up next week.  Our
presenter, Colleen Mantell has several years experience teaching at the
secondary level.  She has had great success with using the motivation
methods that will be covered in this webinar!  This will be a great
resource for learning how to get students excited about the learning
process and taking ownership over their individual outcomes.

Don't forget to encourage your educators to use the registration code
NASAFACS if they choose to register for the webinar!

If you have any questions about the webinar, please don't hesitate to
contact me at dboufford at aafcs.org.

Thanks and have a GREAT day!

Daila

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kql6x9dab&v=001rBBS2
uM5H3-OCLIxWCm3eJHghBvYXP59uPiyeKqs6NA1XgsbFsnSKMvcLaCMzAejv7nUqdM0TDlG4
67xMzZ1waC0CoDX9XslP-UR5WgjF52qDd6hwPyj5dvAXfrSFKKn-ORzLt488iyu3q0PWKIjO
LEPO2OG7w-6SpEpuIf_8DOhGJAv_WEyFhEBRnoleFlnhzR7fx78fSy3kyamOuWatAeouwC1N
7irubTU-RTO9qLb566gxvs4XKDJ5NaTENJkjqxHpJGSpjXGizBoPI_t9RJNmRJONRgTQTSav
ZXaA-SX2PA6FSD8N-oZvBqgLxJ0OGL35abMz-qS5ejMHLumr5-7uq9NDu18qqTaZO1QqjXYo
aW7fb2QKUx4uyyUkkhYHVINBkTcC94%3D&id=preview>

Subject: Coming Up Next Week - Motivating K-12 Students for Content
Mastery

________________________________

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=kql6x9dab&v=001rBBS2
uM5H3-OCLIxWCm3eJHghBvYXP59uPiyeKqs6NA1XgsbFsnSKMvcLaCMzAejv7nUqdM0TDkc6
OhoZn4W_gpehEQKFa3_jo8BqOfDGjprEQzPlDwLBZAwjbfy0-cc8pwi9_Jt-7XgmJNFW63b9
eMOO9CKH-rCJskMc2u_B2efrMGc3wle38acTdWwqx-lvtpmlj2DGs3tVn0L9d26W2Oqkhz1x
Nv2cAkjUecrvf80Pd_M4Nvs3ztYY2G9a--rh99sUbpziFQlYsc9On-blvKEJ_dPzT5p4sVh0
n-JzvyvSH1mw_XUFIPiflukx56L7dJaSYMcjmWDCdqjbf2B4GSBYL_GYjB7zyao9nRO6QjT6
jGflVjw0aAiAEuX6HVr1MCfDL0BuTc%3D&id=preview>

 PDC
Banner<https://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs029/1103630347786/img/81.
jpg>

Brought to you by the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences

Motivating K-12 Students for Content Mastery: Empirically Proven
Strategies That Work

Webinar Crosswalk
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZuL30g4IHF--gZrzImhzXTeNYtfJM7SC5N1UPA2Squ4wQsLn2
LEsd7L9yzYG3E3QNh0ix_pSyO2cbvpGBXaP17_Wy6MD9YJvfMPwGg2wGu6--qUlxTnqwNA==

Tuesday, September 25th at 4:00pm Eastern Time

Add to my calendar
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZuL30g4IHF-9mZnUz3DQMo60UYF3ujP5ZvBGBC64vgBCeVdYJ
P4-kEbJhQA_JfRMwDeKz32GwGrq5wIVWJfpuq3rsZxrAnc2KxensqKu1j1Fb2TrAlBUzjQ8e
1LCj5RaovyY90i44XH0=>

Looking for new ways to motivate students?
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZuL30g4IHF--gZrzImhzXTVxKs0I62aaJbxb7xMH0-S0nwqPf
sbsL4XQssaY4pUeJAO2J6OPG-aJwxK9Td8gCV7RYdSMK46GCyWKpX4wIAIA862s0mWis9w==

Looking for new ways to motivate students?

If creating a music video (see link to the left) isn't your cup of tea,
attend our webinar to learn a new method to increase student motivation.
We will discuss how to develop a creative and fun learning environment
that works in today's diverse classrooms.  Students embrace content in a
way that is meaningful to them, enabling deeper levels of comprehension.

Register Now
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZLU7U85Ks8JyVgkruNNiixfJzuDl6sxWq3oFjYq72OcCljRkp
3AqF8yb075ISsfsVv7yRyKif2jL0omzZGZD5a40q7P6_srDD55bFMbNRhiEXFxGD3JJl1WTP
lNImdcSQDfEduBFX0MA4-EhbY_cVfNRWpk3SPkYG>

Dear Daila,

Do your students really want to learn what you are teaching?

Or are they simply going along with it to please mom and dad? Memorizing
to get by?  Or tuning you out completely?

If so, your students may not be motivated to learn.

You can change that mindset and help all students in your diverse
classroom embrace content in a way that is meaningful to them as
individuals, enabling deeper levels of comprehension.

Learn about a new model for student motivation at this AAFCS educational
webinar (1.5 PDUs):

Motivating K-12 Students for Content Mastery:

Empirically Proven Strategies That Work

Presented by Colleen T. Mantell

90-minute program

September 25, 2012, 4 PM ET

Register Now!
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZLU7U85Ks8JyVgkruNNiixfJzuDl6sxWq3oFjYq72OcCljRkp
3AqF8yb075ISsfsVv7yRyKif2jL0omzZGZD5a40q7P6_srDD55bFMbNRhiEXFxGD3JJl1WTP
lNImdcSQDfEduBFX0MA4-EhbY_cVfNRWpk3SPkYG>

$35 for AAFCS members ($50 for non-members)

Use the Bundled Pricing Discount
<https://ui.constantcontact.com/rnavmap/evp/display/lp_preview?eventId=1
110760128118&preview=true&id=preview>  to save on registration!

Learn about a unique strategey, based on emprical evidence at this
webinar.
In just 90 minutes, you will know how to:

*	Define components of student motivation as a sequence of steps
toward content mastery

*	Identify and define empirically proven instructional strategies
involving differentiated instruction in order to enable motivation and
success

*	Utilize unique new tracking tools to determine, monitor and
scaffold student motivation

*	Create or revise lesson plans to meet the needs of all students,
in order to empower individuals to master content

About the Presenter

 Colleen
photo<https://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs029/1103630347786/img/84.j
pg> Colleen T. Mantell, who holds a Master's degree in Education and
Bachelor's in Psychology, has taught at the primary, intermediate, and
secondary levels in Pennsylvania and Maryland schools. She spent many
years serving the public as a community-based social worker, assisting
adults and families in reestablishing their lives after suffering
devastating mental and physical health issues.Her master's thesis work
on student motivation was conducted while teaching a child development
course within a high school Family and Consumer Sciences Department.

Who should register?   Teachers of all grade levels (K-12) and content
areas as well as teacher educators. Although the information is geared
to teachers, the concepts can be adapted for the workplace.

Not able to attend on September 25?  No problem. This event will be
archived on the AAFCS website for the same low registration rates.

Get more information
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZuL30g4IHF-9mZnUz3DQMo60UYF3ujP5ZvBGBC64vgBCeVdYJ
P4-kEbJhQA_JfRMwDeKz32GwGroljj3JE85XpJEGReBb9Vm_nvuC6BvdCXBisFzKTpboROn4
0jQufmUzDMebCBWA1L_IY5J95ffT8oInwPhyzBsXY0SrRHouhz0=>

Register Now!
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZuL30g4IHF-9mZnUz3DQMo60UYF3ujP5ZvBGBC64vgBCeVdYJ
P4-kEbJhQA_JfRMwDeKz32GwGroljj3JE85XpE03xGEHVrrBQJHNypUtMLCLrvqrjMA31q0I
UAqzdOzj9nFHS6spWxKFcMu-DdBNrUgiRvq4kGCsusqDrFu8pVg=>

I can't make it
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZuL30g4IHF-9mZnUz3DQMo60UYF3ujP5ZvBGBC64vgBCeVdYJ
P4-kEbJhQA_JfRMwDeKz32GwGrplBhl52aTDQ1YWVJYuSc9_obbst2LUadNu4wSa_sRXa5C8
N-Ip5yCPRac4-g4NUDjvJDupPpCfP09KkY3tSJBfRok-EP1kjMg=>

Share this event with your colleagues  Like us on Facebook
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZLU7U85Ks8JyVgkruNNiixXGFkQqG_nlNxL_0wQBNRFWvbDg_
mOltvrVrioA18y7XmRaYjB5r_Wo=>  View our profile on LinkedIn
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZuL30g4IHF--gZrzImhzXTTLc7Vc5KIjEftvdRcO_0lOsd1ly
rf4ikKKNbbWtDEYS6IZq6ZJrjWYCMKGQrnVOE1bmo2QtEokF13nXlwDAXGk=>  Follow us
on Twitter
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZLU7U85Ks8JyVgkruNNiixQDKeQ9A6lSQucMyHEWT8ZRuN8ql
HXgLrQ==>

If you work at a higher ed institution and would be interested in using
any of our webinars as content for your classrooms, please contact me.
Special site license rates are available!

Visit the Professional Development Center
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001LYSknSzvqPDYHapLvVDmSdtL4GF0dJ798dPAyypE
-xc-zcmnSO_INqU1w5ypUJiZuL30g4IHF--gZrzImhzXTeNYtfJM7SC5mZBWxzjXUa4P-W_A
zTpQmGPR7koL5AqMKiLYEPprsMMfwyVRfH9YSw==>  to see other webinars
scheduled for 2012 and to view/access other webinar titles in the
archives.

New to webinars?  Check out our risk-free guarantee.

100% Refund If You're Not Satisfied

We believe you will find our professional development events to be of
high quality and unique value.  Our goal is to provide you with a great
online learning experience.  Our webinar tool is very easy to use and we
offer technical support before and during our events. However, if you
should encounter technical difficulties during the webinar that impede
your learning in any way, we will either correct the problem or refund
100% of your registration fee.

If you register for the webinar and are not able to attend on the
scheduled date, you will receive a link to the archived copy of the
event, which is available 24/7.  No refunds will be given for
non-attendance.

AAFCS Virtual Professional Development: Get Inspired. Get Jazzed. Get
With It!

Sincerely,

Daila Boufford

American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences

dboufford at aafcs.org

703 706-4609

 <https://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs029/1103630347786/img/77.jpg>

 <https://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs029/1103630347786/img/76.jpg>

Forward email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=kql6x9dab&m=1103630347786
&ea=dboufford at aafcs.org&a=1111022632896&id=preview>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESu
sXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=0015jA2zpIw9EF5oA6DyfjPtg%3D%3
D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9d
ab>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEVP_Inv_001&id=preview>

This email was sent to dboufford at aafcs.org by dboufford at aafcs.org |

Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESu
sXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=0015jA2zpIw9EF5oA6DyfjPtg%3D%3
D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9d
ab>  | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001qie9IeSPzo4nO9aH14ESu
sXLit-pfZBjME_Q2w313bZ5n0u58uuvbg%3D%3D&t=0015jA2zpIw9EF5oA6DyfjPtg%3D%3
D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkewEf5YNC4l2vtbGYshrms4&llr=kql6x9d
ab> (tm) | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp?id=preview> .

American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences | 400 N. Columbus,
Suite 202 | Alexandria | VA | 22314