[NASAFACS] Math credits in FCS courses

Theresa Golis TGolis at PTE.IDAHO.GOV
Thu Mar 15 12:37:21 MDT 2012

Hello -

Idaho FCS is currently with the Dept of Education to create a math endorsement for current FCS and Business Education instructors.  The courses being piloted in this project are the FCS and BUS Personal Finance course.

Here are my questions:

1.       Does your state currently have some type of CTE Math endorsement for your instructors?

2.       Are there any CTE, especially FCS and BUS, courses that are taught for math credits?

Our goal is to identify the math competencies in the courses listed above, align with the State Common Core Standards, and define the endorsement requirements for our instructors to teach their courses for math credits.

As always, we all have the same goals and it is nice to hear what other states are doing.  Thank you so much for sharing.

I will be meeting with the certification director on March 21st so any information or links you can share with me would be wonderful.

Theresa Golis

Theresa Golis, M.Ed,  NCBT
Family and Consumer Sciences Program Manager
State FCCLA Adviser
PTE Leadership Institute
Idaho Division of Professional-Technical Education
650 West State Street Room 324, PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0095
tgolis at pte.idaho.gov<mailto:tgolis at pte.idaho.gov>

208-334-3216
208-334-2365 (Fax)