[NASAFACS] CTE Structure ?

Judy Simon JSimon at dpi.state.nc.us
Wed Jan 26 07:39:01 MST 2011

North Carolina CTE is still structured by program area.  However, I do
feel that there will be some future discussions about reorganization by
Clusters.

Judith C. Simon
Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Consultant
Division of Career and Technical Education
Department of Public Instruction
6358 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-6360
919.807.3883 (w) 919.807.3899 (fax)
919.414.1949 (cell)
www.ncpublicschools.org ( http://www.ncpublicschools.org/ )
www.ncfccla.com ( http://www.ncfccla.com/ )
www.fcclainc.org ( http://www.fcclainc.org/ )

All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and
disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.

>>> Karen Chessell <kchessell at doe.nv.gov> 1/24/2011 2:51 PM >>>

Hello Everyone:

In Nevada we are having a discussion about restructuring our CTE
department. We currently provide services to our LEAs by program area
(Agriculture, Business, FCS, Heath, IT and Trades). We are thinking
about restructuring around the Career Clusters. I’d like to know how you
structure CTE in our state and the pros and cons in your experience.

State:

Are you organized by program area? Yes  No
     Pros/Cons

Are you organized by Career Clusters? Yes  No
     Pros/Cons

Are you organized in a different fashion? Yes  No
     Please describe your organizational structure and its pro and
cons.

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely, Karen

Karen Chessell
  Education Programs Professional, Family & Consumer Sciences
  FCCLA State Adviser
Nevada Department of Education
755 North Roop Street, Suite 201
Carson City, NV 89701