[NASAFACS] CTE Structure ?

Karen Chessell kchessell at doe.nv.gov
Mon Jan 24 12:51:04 MST 2011

Hello Everyone:

In Nevada we are having a discussion about restructuring our CTE department. We currently provide services to our LEAs by program area (Agriculture, Business, FCS, Heath, IT and Trades). We are thinking about restructuring around the Career Clusters. I'd like to know how you structure CTE in our state and the pros and cons in your experience.

State:

Are you organized by program area? Yes  No
     Pros/Cons

Are you organized by Career Clusters? Yes  No
     Pros/Cons

Are you organized in a different fashion? Yes  No
     Please describe your organizational structure and its pro and cons.

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely, Karen

Karen Chessell
  Education Programs Professional, Family & Consumer Sciences
  FCCLA State Adviser
Nevada Department of Education
755 North Roop Street, Suite 201
Carson City, NV 89701