[Library Media] Novels with Superheroes as characters.

Heather Novotny hnovotny at mcgillisschool.org
Mon Sep 9 13:13:48 MDT 2019

Yes! Aaron Reynolds wrote the Into the Spiderverse novelization, and Marie
Lu wrote a Batman novel.

I guess I'd recommend them for middle school and up. Was this for your
elementary students?

I sort of wonder if any of these same students would dig the sort of recent
novelizations of the first 3 Star Wars novels?  ( A New Hope, Empire
Strikes Back, the one with the fuzzy ewoks) They were all done by really
great writers, Adam Gidwitz did one.

Happy reading!
Heather

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 1:02 PM Danae Leu <dleu at dsdmail.net> wrote:

> The DC Icon Series has gotten some pretty gook YA authors to write stand
> alone novels. I've only read the Catwoman novel, but it was a blast and
> passed the Bechdel test with flying colors, unusual for superhero canon.
>

> https://smile.amazon.com/Catwoman-Soulstealer-Sarah-J-Maas/dp/0399549692/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=catwoman&qid=1568055509&s=books&sr=1-2
> Amazon.com: Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons Series) (9780399549694): Sarah
> J. Maas: Books
> <https://smile.amazon.com/Catwoman-Soulstealer-Sarah-J-Maas/dp/0399549692/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=catwoman&qid=1568055509&s=books&sr=1-2>
> Amazon.com: Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons Series) (9780399549694): Sarah
> J. Maas: Books
> smile.amazon.com
>

> DaNae Leu
>
> Librariest
>
> Snow Horse Elementary
>

> “Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours
> of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't
> carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.”   ― Stephen
> King <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3389.Stephen_King>
>
> Currently Reading
> <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/1002421?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
> [image: Book Cover]