[Library Media] Upcoming LSTA Grant Round opening September 3rd

Sharon Deeds sdeeds at utah.gov
Tue Sep 3 09:33:42 MDT 2019

See below....

Hello all,

The Utah State Library will be hosting a competitive grant round of Library
Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funding allocated to us by the Institute
of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).  Funds totaling $250,000 are
available for public, school, academic, institutional, special, tribal,
private, and research libraries, and library consortia.  To determine if
your library is eligible, please review our eligibility guidelines
<https://library.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/2019-2020-LSTA-Grant-Eligibility-Criteria.pdf>
.

I made changes to streamline the grant application process for applicants.
Instead of a letter of intent, applicants will now submit a pre-grant
application that asks some of the same questions as the full application
that can be copied from the pre-application to the full application.  The
full application also now better aligns with the final report.
Pre-applications must be submitted and approved by the Grants Coordinator
to be invited to the full application.

Because the application process is new, I strongly recommend those planning
to apply attend the training webinars for this grant round.  They are
scheduled for the following dates.

·         9/5/2019 – Pre-Application webinar at 10 am

·         10/22/2019 – Full application webinar at 10 am

The pre-application opens September 3, 2019 and close at 12:00 pm (noon) on
October 11, 2019.  Pre-applications are completed in our grants portal,
found here <https://utahdcc.secure.force.com/usl/>.  Libraries with
approved pre-applications will be invited to complete a full application
for the grant, which will be due December 6, 2019 at 12:00 pm (noon).  For
more information, please visit our website <https://library.utah.gov/lsta/>
or contact me.

We will be looking for reviewers to assist us with evaluation of these
grants.  Please be on the lookout for the official call for reviewers and
consider if your schedule will allow you to help.  We would love your
insight.

We look forward to seeing your great ideas!

Thanks,

Rachel

--
*Rachel Cook*
*Grants Coordinator and Library Consultant*
rcook at utah.gov

*State agency hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.*
*My typical working hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.*

--
Sharon Deeds, Youth Services Coordinator/Consultant
Utah State Library Division
sdeeds at utah.gov