[Library Media] Classroom libraries integrated w school libraries?

Heather Novotny hnovotny at mcgillisschool.org
Thu Nov 29 10:26:53 MST 2018

Hi, dear friends & colleagues!

Has anyone ever been asked to catalog materials in classroom libraries, and manage what are essentially satellite collections in classrooms?

I think this is a great idea from collection development and collection management standpoints. But, there are intellectual freedom considerations as well as logistical challenges.

This idea comes from our middle school ELA faculty, so if they want me to do it I am absolutely going to do it even if it's a pain for me personally--but I would like to think it through ahead of time so I understand how it could go wrong.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and insights!

best,
Heather

Heather Novotny
Librarian