[Library Media] Fwd: [ULN] Emporia MLS Program: Accepting Applications for Spring 2019

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Mon Nov 5 13:55:41 MST 2018

Dear Utah Library Community:

Emporia State University's School of Library and Information Management
(SLIM) is accepting applications for Spring Semester, which starts January
15th, 2019.

There are a number of MLS programs available to you as a prospective
student. Many programs are strictly online, meaning you participate in
discussions, submit assignments and communicate with professors and other
students online only. Some offer an online program with a few days of
intensive classes at satellite locations. What makes Emporia State
University (ESU) unique is our blended face-to-face and online classroom
approach.

The program at SLIM is a 36-credit hour program, designed to be completed
in two years (including summer semesters) though some students may take
longer.  All courses are facilitated online for the full semester with
face-to-face courses meeting for two Friday evening/Saturday classes during
the semester. Professors teach the weekend courses, allowing you to meet
with other students and have personal interaction with your professors and
your regional director.

This blended program allows you the flexibility of the online component
with an interactive classroom experience, which are generally between 15
and 30 students.  Other school library programs may have up to 100 students
in a class.

Our Utah classes are currently held at the Whitmore Library in Cottonwood
Heights, Utah.

https://www.slcolibrary.org/gl/glal/librarywhitmore.htm

ESU's MLS program no longer requires a GRE. The admissions requirements
(sent to the Graduate School) consist of an application, an application fee
(paid to the Graduate School), transcripts from all post-secondary
institutions attended, two (2) letters of recommendation (either academic
or professional or both), a statement of objectives, a resume, and an
advisory interview.  Current tuition for the MLS Program with fees is about
$25,000.  And presently, we have matching scholarship of $666.00.

The following is a link to the application page:

https://www.emporia.edu/slim/prospectivestudents/applying/
applying-for-master-of-library-science.html

The following is a link to our Office of Financial Aid, Scholarships,
Veteran Services:

https://www.emporia.edu/finaid/

And the curriculum for the  MLS can be found here:

https://www.emporia.edu/slim/programs/master-of-library-
science/master-of-library-science-curriculum.html

The Emporia State University SLIM program is an excellent learning
experience with high quality instruction and personalized advising.  Do
please contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Dale Monobe

Dale Monobe, Ph.D., MLS
Utah Regional MLS Director
School of Library & Information Management (Est. 1902)
Emporia State University
dmonobe at emporia.edu