[Library Media] Genrefying

Danae Leu dleu at dsdmail.net
Sat Oct 27 10:06:24 MDT 2018

Okay, after Josh tweeted this: http://www.librarygirl.net/

I can't get over the fact that I will be serving my students best by shelving my fiction by Genre. It is such a huge step I'd love to hear from those of you who've made the plunge. Mostly, I'd like a list of the genre divisions you used. I'm thinking:

  *   Realistic
     *   maybe: Sports
  *   Fantasy
     *   Maybe: Animal books (Sentient and pets together)
  *   Sci-Fic
     *   Maybe: Dystopia
  *   Historical Fiction
     *   maybe: Adventure
  *   Humor
  *   Mystery
     *   Maybe: Horror
  *   Graphic Novels

I'm not sure about the sub-genres. Would you think that is getting too specific? I've also been using spine stickers for Romance, Westerns, Verse, Holocaust, but they are all to small and can easily fit into larger genres.

Anyway I'd love to hear what some of you have done. Thank you, DaNae

The Adventures of Library Girl<http://www.librarygirl.net/>
www.librarygirl.net
Yesterday, I stopped at Starbucks on my way home and had a conversation with a barista named Ryan. I’ve replayed it about a hundred times since walking out of the coffee shop with my latte.

DaNae Leu

Librariest

Snow Horse Elementary

“Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.”   ― Stephen King<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3389.Stephen_King>

Currently Reading<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/1002421?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[Book Cover] <https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/1002421?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
[Goodreads Logo] <https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature> Get your own email signature<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>