[Library Media] Start Over Again -- Every Year

Mariah Gerlach mgerlach at providencehall.com
Tue Oct 23 09:22:24 MDT 2018

We feel you Cindy, and others!

At the beginning of this year I got up and tooted my own horn to my
faculty. Basically gave them a quick verbal resume in faculty meeting.  I
explained how I have a master's degree and the same teaching license many
of them do.  I've felt like for the last few years I'm treated a bit like a
convenient upstairs secretary.

Of course, I'm always happy to help, but it was actually some of my faculty
last year that found out I had credentials and encouraged me to share that
information with the rest of the staff.  I think there was an assumption
that I just sat at this desk and typed stuff all day.

I do get a little irritated when administration says "all these things are
coming to each teacher this year"... and I'm like, me too?  Also got
slighted out of the yearbook last year... but somehow my assistants made it
in.  *shrug*.

Keep fighting the good fight!  I feel successful as long as the students
know I'm here. ☺

*Mariah Gerlach MLS*
*High School Librarian*
*ALA, AASL Member*
*UELMA <https://uelma.org/> Board Member*
*Providence Hall International **Baccalaureate*
*mgerlach at providencehall.com <http://goog_1434365220>*
*donorschoose.org/PHHSlibrary <http://donorschoose.org/PHHSlibrary>*

Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/4790878?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>