[Library Media] Start Over Again -- Every Year

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordandistrict.org
Mon Oct 22 12:51:06 MDT 2018

Ugh!

29 years people -- I have been teaching for 29 years and I have been the
librarian at this school for 21 years.  You would think that there are
somethings I wouldn't have to do over and over again. So, so wrong.

I received a message from a public librarian friend that she was wondering
i I was no longer at my school because she couldn't find me the school
directory.

I checked and sure enough - I am not on the Faculty page, the staff page,
or any other page.

So I contacted the person in charge of the pages -- a tech teacher -- and
asked her to add me to the Faculty page because I am a certified teacher.
This is what she wrote back"

"The Directory is filtered by one’s current role at the school.  Parents
who use the directory with the Faculty filter are looking quickly for a
current teacher.  I hope this explains why you are not listed under the
Faculty filter."

Ouch!

I fumed and then decided to not go the rounds with her again and just went
straight to the principal to get my picture back on the faculty page.

Ugh!

Have you encountered anything that surprises you that you have to explain
it again and again?

At least this school year is going a bit better than last year.  I'm not
back on the Language Arts team, but at least they are speaking to me.  I'm
still trying to redefine myself.

Thanks for reading my rant!

Cindy

--