[Library Media] book purchases

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordandistrict.org
Fri Oct 12 14:45:02 MDT 2018

Brian Rollins (801-232-6531
Randy Barron (801) 623 8038

They both represent a wide variety of publishers.  They can bring their
collection out to your school for you to look through - like a short book
preview, but with many more books.  It definitely helps to get a feel for
the look and size of a series.

I agree about the books being too short!  I find pretty good sized
ones through Lerner - their Twenty First Century imprint is well sized.
The than that, the other non-fiction publishers are hit and miss.

Maybe we should take a survey and send out the results to the non-fiction
publishers to express our dissatisfaction!

Cindy Mitchell
South Jordan Middle

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:05 AM, Tom Alleman <allemant at carbonschools.org>
wrote:

> What are your thoughts on the various book providers out there? I am
> trying to update our collection but teachers are too busy and don't have
> the time to offer any suggestions. So it is up to me to find books. I've
> looked through many preview boxes and have found many titles and subjects
> that would be great for our library. But I'm not impressed with the meager
> content and price. Paying at least $25.00 for a book that is maybe 50 pages
> with 3/4 of those pages covered with photos is not a good way to spend my
> limited budget. What are your thoughts and suggestions? My focus is on
> updating our nonfiction section.
> Tom Alleman
> --
> Tommas W. Alleman