[Library Media] Heads up: Some are getting a password prompt for some Gale resources

Karen Krier karen at uen.org
Thu Sep 13 09:12:56 MDT 2018

Good morning.  Since the start of the new school year we have learned that a handful of schools are getting a password prompt when trying to access Gale resources via Utah's Online Library<https://onlinelibrary.uen.org>   It seems very random.... it will happen on some computers and not other computers in the same building and it will happen with some Gale resources and not other Gale resources.

Obviously you should not be prompted for a password and we have been working with Gale support to problem solve the issue, but it has been tough because we cannot reproduce the issue.

At this point in time we believe the solution is to clear the browser's history / cache.  Be sure to clear everything from the beginning of time and you may have to do it multiple times.

Lastly, I know everyone is very busy, but I hope you know you can/should contact UEN whenever you encounter issues with any of our services and tools.

Thank you for all you do!

Sincerely,

-- Karen

Karen Krier
Utah Education Network
Associate Director - Instructional Services
www.uen.org<http://www.uen.org>