[Library Media] CLAU Call for Volunteers

Whiting, Joshua jwhiting at graniteschools.org
Thu Jun 7 07:52:32 MDT 2018

Good Morning,

The Children's Literature Association of Utah recently posted this call for volunteers (http://www.claubeehive.org/volunteer.html) on their website; there is a link to the volunteer form at the bottom if you are interested in helping promote the Beehive Book Awards.

Call for Volunteers!

Check out these exciting volunteer opportunities with CLAU! Because we are an organization made up of all volunteers, we try to break up these opportunities into bite-size pieces so that no one person will be overwhelmed.

Outreach Event Coordinator: Organize, prepare, and attend events to promote the Beehive Book Awards with family-friendly activities. For example, the outreach event coordinator would prepare games or crafts for attendees while tabling at the KUED Super Reader Party. We generally do 2-3 of these events a year.  Attend (physically or virtually) monthly board meetings August through May.

Conference Coordinator: Organize the CLAU presentations at the UELMA and ULA conferences. This includes registering CLAU, preparing slideshows, and organizing giveaways. Attend (physically or virtually) monthly board meetings August through May.

Print Materials Editor: Create and edit existing reading program materials, trifolds, booklists, conference packets, and other materials. Print and distribute materials. Software commonly used includes Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Word, and Google Suites products.  Attend (physically or virtually) monthly board meetings August through May.

Photographer/Videographer: Attend events to photograph Utah kids engaging with the Beehive Book Awards, CLAU members, and create other content for use on the website and social media. Create a video of Utah kids announcing the winners at their schools. While this position may be asked to attend a few board meetings to update progress on specific projects, monthly attendance is not required.

Regional Representatives: Engage your local county community of teachers, librarians, and kid lit enthusiasts in the Beehive Book Awards. Be the point person to encourage CLAU membership, answer questions about benefits, materials, website access, nominating, voting, and implementing Beehive Book programs in schools and public libraries. Connect committee chairs with members interested in serving on award committees or as future CLAU board members.

Publicity Coordinator: Update the local press (newspapers, radio, etc) about the Beehive Book Awards through press releases. Attend (physically or virtually) monthly board meetings August through May.

If you are as excited about promoting the Beehive Book Awards as we are, let us know your area of interest by filling out this Google form<https://goo.gl/forms/ZihZIHxD9Q3YYwAi2>, and we will reach out to you with further information. Thank you!

Thanks,

Josh Whiting
Library Media | Educational Technology Dept. | Granite School District
Phone: 385-646-7128 | Email: jwhiting at graniteschools.org<mailto:jwhiting at graniteschools.org> | Twitter: @jdwhiting<https://twitter.com/jdwhiting>
Web: http://graniteschools.org/edtech | http://granitemedia.org<http://granitemedia.org/>
Currently Reading:
[Bob by Wendy Mass]<https://graniteut.libraryreserve.com/10/45/en/ContentDetails.htm?id=3E054A23-1B86-42A4-A2F8-26604EA1BBAE>