[Library Media] KUED Kids Writers Contest

Sharon Deeds sdeeds at utah.gov
Tue Feb 20 11:58:20 MST 2018

Few things capture a child’s imagination like a good book.  We would like
to invite you to join KUED as we encourage children here in Utah to build
critical literacy skills by creating their own stories and to taking part
in the KUED KIDS Writers & Illustrators Contest, in partnership with
Natural History Museum. The Contest encourages children in grades K-6
throughout Utah to celebrate the power of creating stories and
illustrations by submitting their own original pieces.

Please share this with your contacts and encourage students and children to
participate! More details can be found at www.kued.org/writers, including
activity sheets and the contest entry form.

The entry form, rules, and printable poster are attached for you to use in
your school, library, or with your family. Let me know if you have any
questions.

I look forward to reading the creative stories this year!

Regards,

Casey

*Casey Lippincott *Education Assistant
[image: Description: Description: cid:3364987975_5981586]
The University of Utah • 101 Wasatch Drive • Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Direct 801.587.8895 <(801)%20587-8895> • Cell 801.548.1189
<(801)%20548-1189> • Fax 801.585.5096 <(801)%20585-5096> •
*clippincott at kued.org
<clippincott at kued.org>*

[image: Writers-Contest_signature]

--
Sharon Deeds, Youth Services Coordinator/Consultant
Utah State Library Division
sdeeds at utah.gov