[Library Media] LSTA Grant Round opening January 2018

Sharon Deeds sdeeds at utah.gov
Thu Jan 18 07:33:50 MST 2018

FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Rachel Cook* <rcook at utah.gov>
Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Subject: [ULN] LSTA Grant Round opening January 2018
To: uln at lists.library.utah.gov

Hello all,

Utah State Library will be hosting a competitive grant round of Library
Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funding allocated to us by the Institute
of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).  Funds totaling $250,000 are
available for public libraries, school libraries, academic libraries,
institutional libraries, special libraries, tribal libraries, private and
research libraries, and library consortia.

This grant provides an exciting opportunity for your library to complete a
project you have been dreaming about but may not have had the budget for in
previous years. To determine if your library is eligible, please
review our eligibility
guidelines
<https://heritage.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/LSTA-USL-Grants-Applicant-Library-Eligibility-Criteria.pdf?x15791>
.

This year, USL staff is asking for a letter of intent and risk management
survey to be completed prior to the application.  Having this
pre-application letter of intent allows State Library staff the opportunity
to give coaching assistance and feedback to interested libraries before
they begin a full grant application.  It also gives applicants time to
solidify their project ideas before they apply for the grant and ensure
they are eligible.

Letters of intent submissions open on January 1st, 2018 and are due on
February 1st, 2018.  These letters can be submitted through the grants
portal linked on our website.  Libraries with approved letters of intent
will be invited to complete a full application for the grant which will be
due in mid-March of 2018.  For more information please visit our website or
contact Rachel Cook, the Grants Coordinator, at rcook at utah.gov.

Also, we will be looking for reviewers to assist us with evaluation of
these grants.  Please be on the lookout for the official call for reviewers
and consider if your schedule will allow you to help.  We would love your
insight.

We look forward to seeing your great ideas!
Thanks,
--
*Rachel Cook*
*Grants Coordinator and Library Consultant*
rcook at utah.gov

*State agency hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.*