[Library Media] Presentation and Idea Proposals - You are not too late! Deadline is Monday, January 15th!

Sarah Herron Sarah.Herron at slcschools.org
Tue Jan 9 14:43:12 MST 2018

I used to have a pad of sticky notes that read "I love deadlines. I love the sound of them WHOOSHING by!" 😄 If you have not turned a presentation proposal for the conference, you are in luck! The deadline has been extended until Monday, January 15th.

We need a few more presenters, particularly on the following topics:

  *   Budget and Resources - Invests Strategically -  A suggested topic - How do you reflect on your community needs before your purchases, both digital and print?
  *   Data and Privacy - Advocates for Student Privacy - A suggested topic - How do you instruct on digital citizenship and safety?
  *   Use of Space and Time - Designs Collaborative Spaces - A suggested topic  - How have you reconfigured your space? Created a makerspace area? Genre-fied your collection?
  *   Personalized Professional Learning - Facilitates Professional Learning - A suggested topic - How do you share your knowledge of technology and resources with your staff and/or District?

Really, the sky's the limit with the topics! The Future Ready Librarians Facebook and Pinterest pages have a ton of information and resources.

If you aren't sure that you want to present a full session, please present in the Idea Lab session. The Idea Lab session will be a room of short presentation stations,  a "buffet" of ideas that you can use in your library. You would created a presentation on your laptop, create a handout, talk about your idea for 10 minutes and answer peoples' questions. Do you do great promotions, contests, door decorations, book talks, reading incentives? Present them here!! We would like 9 more presenters for the Idea Lab.

The link for the Presentation and Idea Lab Proposals are found on the UELMA Conference page, http://www.uelmaconference.org/.

I look forward to reading your proposals. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support for UELMA and making our Conference fantastic!

Sarah Herron

Sarah G. Herron
Past President/Conference Chair, Utah Educational Library Media Association (UELMA)
Library Technology Teacher, M. Ed.
East High School

840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102

Email:     sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>

Phone:   801-583-1661 x2202
Fax:         801-584-2927

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them." Michael Moore

Scanned By Microsoft EOP