[Library Media] Present at the UELMA 2018 Conference - Share What You Know!

Sarah Herron Sarah.Herron at slcschools.org
Tue Nov 28 08:38:17 MST 2017

Have you taught a great lesson or professional development session in your library recently? Have you attended a state or national conference and returned inspired by new ideas? Have you experimented with technology, genre-fication, Breakout EDU, book speed dating, or something else that you are excited about? Do you have tips that we could all use? Then we need you to present at the UELMA 2018 Conference!

There are a variety of ways to present at the Conference and you choose what fits for you. You may sign up to present a session. Sessions range from the standard 45 minutes to the shorter 30 minute sessions that we introduced last year. We are also introducing an Idea Lab, a technology “poster session”. You create a 5-10 minute slide show presentation on your topic and are set up as a station. Attendees browse the presentations and come away with great ideas! Sessions may have co-presenters and may be on all levels of library experience. I have attached a Future Ready Library handout for a list of topic ideas.

Presentation Proposal - https://goo.gl/forms/np2AakzJmeD61wdz2

Idea Lab Proposal - https://goo.gl/forms/qNCqG73uWi4cDjuA2

Proposals are due by December 20, 2017. Once submitted, they may be modified until January 10, 2018. So, submit a proposal today! The forms are also available on the UELMA website, www.uelma.org. We look forward to receiving your submissions.

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/7T9qs9jufSpqiKUwC2S5YMSEJOIqtFSFmXvT8m6QkeDvLClonl2DwZIA9ln85X7mCsI=w1200-h630-p]<https://goo.gl/forms/qNCqG73uWi4cDjuA2>

UELMA Idea Lab Proposal 2018<https://goo.gl/forms/qNCqG73uWi4cDjuA2>
goo.gl
Instead of a Poster Session, we would like to stage an Idea Lab Session. You create a 5-10 minute slide show about something that you are doing in your library that you present to a group of attendees. Attendees will move from table to table, sampling different ideas. Idea Lab Proposals are due by December 20, 2017. The UELMA Board will notify prospective presenters by mid-January. PLEASE NOTE - Your presentation proposal may be submitted as a rough draft by the December deadline and you may be modify it until January 10, 2018.

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/lqAQiCgd6JA5HZw1EHNBFVtDr8eGCyZGVnbeYlQ59McWCFPqTx1snwCtC5QIaGJvPSA=w1200-h630-p]<https://goo.gl/forms/np2AakzJmeD61wdz2>

UELMA Presentation Proposal 2018<https://goo.gl/forms/np2AakzJmeD61wdz2>
goo.gl
Presentation Proposals are due by December 20, 2017. The UELMA Board will notify prospective presenters by mid-January. PLEASE NOTE - Your presentation proposal may be submitted as a rough draft by the December deadline and you may modify it until January 10, 2018.

Take care,

Sarah

Sarah G. Herron
Past President/Conference Chair, Utah Educational Library Media Association (UELMA)
Library Technology Teacher, M. Ed.
East High School

840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102

Email:     sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>

Phone:   801-583-1661 x2202
Fax:         801-584-2927

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them." Michael Moore

Scanned By Microsoft EOP