[Library Media] It is not too late to support Utah school libraries - Please fill out the USBE survey now!

Sarah Herron Sarah.Herron at slcschools.org
Tue Jul 4 21:42:01 MDT 2017

UT school libraries need your help now! Please complete the survey on the Utah State Board of Education's Consolidated State Plan (ESSA) and let the State Board know that school libraries should be included in the plan and considered for funding. Doing so will allow school districts to support library programs and add additional resources.

The survey needs to be completed by this Friday, July 7th.

UELMA has put all of the resources for you in one place; you will find a link to the survey and talking points that you may use. Please click on

http://www.uelma.org/essa.html
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) - UELMA<http://www.uelma.org/essa.html>
www.uelma.org
Explore the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and develop advocacy strategies to be used with community stakeholders and elected Utah officials in order to ensure the ...

Our State Board of Education needs to know that people care about Utah school library programs.  Thank you for your support.

Sarah G. Herron
Past President, Utah Educational Library Media Association
Library Technology Teacher, M. Ed.
East High School

840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102

Email: sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>

Phone:    801-583-1661 x2202
Fax:         801-584-2927

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them."
Michael Moore
Scanned By Microsoft EOP