[Library Media] book reviews

Crystal Hansen crystal.hansen at jordandistrict.org
Fri May 12 14:48:24 MDT 2017

I agree with Danae about keeping self-censorship in mind. It can be a
slippery slope.

Personally, I like to get a balance of professional reviews (Follett,
Booklist, School Library Journal, etc.) and "regular reader" reviews from
places like Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon. Sometimes books that
win awards and books that have wide appeal to kids overlap, and sometimes
they don't. I like to make sure I'm getting a good mix.

Crystal Hansen
Herriman High School
Library/Media