[Library Media] book reviews

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordandistrict.org
Fri May 12 14:38:57 MDT 2017

Its not a matter of rejecting a book just because it has swearing, the
'f-word', mature content, drinking, sex, or loads of blood - its about
being an informed buyer of books.

I champion books with all of those things in my middle school library all
the time.  Some of my absolute favorite books are considered daring, edgy,
challengeable.  But when I buy them, I know what I am getting into.  I
choose them knowing that it is a quality book that happens to have content
that I might be called on to defend some day.

That's why I have tried to read all of them that I can over the years - I
hate unpleasant surprises.  I want to know what I am getting into before I
decide.

Cindy Mitchell

Cindy Mitchell
South Jordan Middle School