[Library Media] Overdue and Lost Library Book Fees

Sarah Herron Sarah.Herron at slcschools.org
Wed May 10 09:38:42 MDT 2017

Hello!

Chris Haught from SEDC asked me a question about how UT school libraries handle lost and/or overdue book fees. Chris said, "I searched and found a lot of opinions and district policies, but nothing definitive. I once was told that it was illegal to charge elementary school students for lost books, and even fines because they were too young to enter into a contract."

Any ideas on this topic? We would love to hear your input.

Thanks!

Sarah Herron

Sarah G. Herron
Conference Chair, Utah Educational Library Media Association
Library Technology Teacher, M. Ed.
East High School
840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
Email: sarah.herron at slcschools.org<mailto:sarah.herron at slcschools.org>
Phone:    801-583-1661 x2202
Fax:         801-584-2927

"Librarians are the coolest people out there, doing the hardest job out there on the frontlines. And every time I get to encounter or work with librarians, I'm always impressed by their sheer awesomeness."   - Neil Gaiman

Scanned By Microsoft EOP