[Library Media] Updates from UEN

Karen Krier karen at uen.org
Fri Apr 28 14:11:22 MDT 2017

Hello,

I just wanted to share a few UEN updates with you that I hope you share with others.

1) UEN May 2017 Highlights:  http://www.uen.org/netnews/2017/may

2) The Utah's Online Library Scavenger Hunts have been reviewed and updated so that they reflect the changes we made to the EBSCO databases*.  For your convenience I've attached the updated Scavenger Hunts and answer keys.  The Scavenger Hunts are also posted online: http://utahsonlinelibrary.org/support_materials

3) The new Utah's Online Library student home access password for 2017-2018 is posted on http://onlinelibrary.uen.org.   The new password will go into effect on August 1. **

4) We will be updating the Utah's Online Library bookmarks with the password for 2017-2018.  I will let you know when we are ready for you to submit your orders for the new bookmarks.

5) We still have some 2016-2017 Utah's Online Library bookmarks, so submit your orders today!  http://utahsonlinelibrary.org/support_materials/materials.shtml

Like always, thank you for everything you do and let me know if you have questions or suggestions.

-- Karen

Karen Krier
Utah Education Network
Associate Director - Instructional Services
www.uen.org<http://www.uen.org>

* In March we broke the EBSCO databases into grade bands.

** I know I mentioned that we may change the password on Sept. 1, instead of August 1, but I received some criticism about that idea since most students would have to start the school year with one password and then two weeks later switch to a new password.  It was decided that it would be better to start the new school year with a new password.