[Library Media] AP students and comic books

Justin Brooksby jbrooksby at uen.org
Thu Apr 13 10:17:50 MDT 2017

This reminds me of an episode of Girl Meets World that I happened to see my kids watching last week. Lol...

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/27/the-dark-knight-returns-used-as-major-plot-point-in-girl-meets-w/

“...the episode is titled “Girl Meets the New Teacher.” Said new teacher is Harper Burgess, who uses Miller’s 1986 Batman story as part of her lesson plan, right alongside Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird. The dark and violent graphic novel is challenged by the school’s principal, in a showdown apparently meant to mirror the confrontation between Batman and Superman in TKDR.”

Cheers,

Justin Brooksby
Professional Development Manager
Utah Education Network